Sample Characters

billy4911

Is there a section of these boards dedicated to people putting their custom characters up for others to use as either source material or just to look at. I am assuming it would be best to have links to templates but even if not, i think it would be cool. Could someone let me know if this exists or if not whay not?

Re: Sample Characters

Most of us just post links or sheets, of export the characters into html and post them. One of the true champions (No pun intended) around here is Lord Liaden, who gathers all of this together and keep a running tab as a sort of clearing house of characters.

Generally, this part of the forum right here is used for posting superheroic level characters, and the sort of characters that hang out with them. If it's more a street-level or gritty character, the Dark Champions forum is the most likely place; if the character is more of a pulp or early 20th century type, the Pulp Hero forum. Likewise with the Fantasy Hero and Star Hero sections. If it doesn't fit anywhere else, then Other Genres is available.

It would be nice just to have a characters forum though. That way people who want to see sample characters don't need to hunt through 4 genre forums to find them. I believe looking at sample characters is a big help to newbies to the system.

If we had a board like that, maybe we could do something in the header for a post like:

Master Disaster (Champions; 507pts, 350 pt campaign)

And have a sticky at the top explaining the whole thing?

Of course I might also be stating the obvious, so I'll just go back to converting characters and shut up now. ;)

I was thinking along the same lines as MitchellS. If we could have a board dedicated to sample characters of all genres with headers to differentiate them (ie Dark Champions, Four Color, Teen, Galactic, Fantasy, etc.) I think that would be a valuable resource to any GM, Newbie, or curious Herophile.

Take note moderators! Two people have spoken!!