Damage Shield + Affects Physical World redux

SteveZilla

Question

If a chararacter has Desolidification and a Damage Shield with Affects Physical World' date=' would the Damage Shield do it's damage to a solid character making "contact" with this one?[/quote']

Yes' date=' of course -- the whole point of making something Affects Physical World is so that it can affect solid objects/persons/targets.[/quote']

My concern was: If the opponent can't make physical contact with the Desolid character, how could he trigger the Damage Shield? But, I guess I can accept that it's a non-issue. :)

However, would it be enough to trigger the Damage Shield if the Desolid character simply chose to occupy the same space as someone else? Or would that need the "Offensive" addition to the Damage Shield? And/or would the character need something like their Strength bought with APW to use the Damage Shield offensively?

1 answer to this question

Re: Damage Shield + Affects Physical World redux

By definition, if the Damage Shield can Affect Physical World, characters can make solid contact with it. They're just not making solid contact with the rest of the character. Standard Damage Shield rules about the type of contact required still apply.