Pointing out a few errors i noticed

Stonewall

Recently I noticed a few errors that I hadn't noticed before in some Champions books..they jumped out at me and I figured I mention them...

Error 1)I was reading my new copy of Millenium City and I noticed what seems to be an error (correct me if I'm wrong). The character Shadowboxer on PG 16-17 has his darkness set as '+1-Usable as Attack' & '-1/2-Self Only' so that (as the text on pg 17 says) the darkness can move with Shadowboxer.

The use of the 'Usable as Attack' advantage seems to be a mistake as regular Darkness can be created on the user and moves with him (see pg 96 of FRED).

Error 2)In the Ultimate Martial Artist book on pg 79(yes I know this isn't technically a Champions book but why be nitpicky) there is an error. The HKA damage sheild under 'The Blessing of Ho-Masubi' does not have the advantage '+1-Continuous' to make it work properly under 5th Edition (side note: 'Wow is damage sheild ever expensive now')

Re: Pointing out a few errors i noticed

Originally posted by Stonewall

Error 1)I was reading my new copy of Millenium City and I noticed what seems to be an error (correct me if I'm wrong). The character Shadowboxer on PG 16-17 has his darkness set as '+1-Usable as Attack' & '-1/2-Self Only' so that (as the text on pg 17 says) the darkness can move with Shadowboxer.

The use of the 'Usable as Attack' advantage seems to be a mistake as regular Darkness can be created on the user and moves with him (see pg 96 of FRED).

The page you mentioned in FREd specifically states that the UAA Advantage is required. It is the last sentence in the 4th paragraph.

Error 2)In the Ultimate Martial Artist book on pg 79(yes I know this isn't technically a Champions book but why be nitpicky) there is an error. The HKA damage sheild under 'The Blessing of Ho-Masubi' does not have the advantage '+1-Continuous' to make it work properly under 5th Edition (side note: 'Wow is damage sheild ever expensive now')

That was mentioned in the errata.

Re: Pointing out a few errors i noticed

>The page you mentioned in FREd specifically states that the >UAA Advantage is required. It is the last sentence in the 4th >paragraph.

AHEM..it states..and I quote "To create a Darkness feild which moves with ANOTHER character (thereby preventing him from getting out) requires the use of the Power Advantage USABLE AS ATTACK"...note the term ANOTHER. This can not apply to Shadowboxer as he creates the darkness on himself only.

Originally posted by Stonewall

AHEM..it states..and I quote "To create a Darkness feild which moves with ANOTHER character (thereby preventing him from getting out) requires the use of the Power Advantage USABLE AS ATTACK"...note the term ANOTHER. This can not apply to Shadowboxer as he creates the darkness on himself only.

Please tell me anywhere in the description for Darkness it states it can move with a character for free?

You are over-extrapolating because of one word. The point is, the only way a Darkness field can move with someone is if it is bought as UAA. Otherwise when you place the field it becomes stationary. In Shadowboxer's case it moves with him, thus he gets the Self Only Limitation. Self Only removes the ANOTHER from the equation.

Originally posted by Monolith

Please tell me anywhere in the description for Darkness it states it can move with a character for free?

Immediately before the previously quoted line.

"A character can create a Darkness field upon himself; the Darkness will then move with the character. To create a Darkness field that moves with another character...[Previous UAA reference]."