Randomly uncontrolled changes to the environment

Brutal

Been thinking about making a character lately that is either an elemental type, or a magician (not sure yet). I want him to be a little uncontrolled. Since he's still learning his abilities (mutant), he does not have full control as of yet. This also, affects his environment when he is emotional. For example a burst of rage could possibly put a building on fire randomly, sadness might make a well dry up, make a small mountain fall apart, those kind of things, although perhaps a bit smaller effect :).

How would one go about constructing this? It's not really a power since he has no control over it at all, and its affecting him negatively. I find it hard though to make a disad, (which disad would THAT be?!).

Also, I want to make him have the capability of being VERY powerful, but since he's still young and learning them, he cant really fully control them. I suppose this kind of reminds me of someone like Rand in the wheel of time series around book 3 or so, for those of you who read it.

Think the character itself could rock, but I'm not sure how make it :)

Re: Randomly uncontrolled changes to the environment

One way of doing this is Unluck.

You can decide, by how many dice you buy, how often you want these things to occur, and the character can use Experience points to buy off the Disadvantage over time, so eventually he will 'gain full control' of his powers and these things won't happen anymore.

Like everything else in Hero, Disadvantages can have a "Special Effect".

In this case the Special Effect of Unluck is random discharges of the character's powers.

Another way to go is the Side Effect Limitation, although this would be more likely to cause a problem when the character was actually using his powers.

KA.