Dispel Followup

Hugh Neilson

Question

Steve, I'm not clear on the answer to the Dispel Knockback Resistance. I just need the letter selections, unless I'vemissed something you feel needs clarification.

Say my character has no Knockback Resistance and is flying. He is targeted with a 12d6 Dispel - Knockback Resistance which Does Knockback.

The roll on the dice is all 4's - 48 to dispel, and 12 BOD. The roll on the knockback die is 2. I know the Dispel has no effect - I have no Knockback resistance to shut off. What happens with the knockback:

(a) My character is immune - the Dispel is invalid because he doesn't have the power so knockback fails as well.

(B) My character flies back 10" - the ancillary effect of Kncokback happens whether the primary purpoise of the attack affects you or not.

One further clarification - you noted earlier that the Dispel component of this power would take effect after the Knockback from this attack was resolved. Assuming I did have knockback resistance, when would it come back?

© Immediately because it is a persistent power (much like ED or Flash Defense), or

(d) when I next have a zero phase action to turn it back on (such that I would need to Abort to get my knockback resistance back if I'm struck before my next phase).

[Of course, I think I know the answer to both, but I won't prejudice the results... :D ]

1 answer to this question