Four Questions

Crimson Arrow

Question

Hi Steve,

A few questions for you to answer, please.

1. Combat Skill Levels with Missile Deflection. Am I correct that these can be incorporated into the power, for example have 20 points of Missile Deflection, then 10 levels, making the total power cost 40 points? I think published characters have done this, but want to make sure, as the structure for MD has altered in 5th Ed.

2. If you can incorporate the levels into the power, if you want to impose any limitations on the Missile Deflection, then you must have 5 point skill levels because they are subject to the normal rules about applying limtations to CSLs. Is that correct?

3. I seem to recall you posted something a couple of months ago about a suggested limitation value for a power which was outside of an Elemental Control, but Drained as if it were. I think you suggested -1/2 as the value, but is my recollection right?

4. Can you please clarify something about "standard" Combat Luck. It's probably me being slow, but it works if you roll a "6" on your Luck dice (you only need one "6" with the regular version), right? I was never 100% sure but my question is prompted by reading Nightwind's sheet. I don't think he has any dice of Luck, hence I wondered if I'd entirely misunderstood!

Thanks in advance.

1 answer to this question

1-3. See the Rules FAQ under “Missile Deflection” and “Elemental Control.” That should cover all your questions; if not, please post a follow-up.

4. Combat Luck has nothing to do with rolling Luck dice — that’s where your confusion lies. See the Rules FAQ for the Talent with regard to what “luck-based” refers to.