Activating a MP Slot between phases?

Wolfjack

Question

A good question came up with my GM over the changing/activating of slots in a multipower. The specific example came up as my character has the Stronger Questionite Shield, per the USPD write-up minus the Lockout limitation. Here's what happened - my SPD 6 character threw the shield on one Phase for a Physical EB, then the shield automatically returns. BUT, if the villain acted on a phase before my character, would the armor slot reactivate and then count on his defenses? The two slots in question are:

M. - Protection I: Armor (23 PD/23 ED) (69 Active Points); OAF (-1), Nonpersistent (-1/4)

U. - Thrown Shield I: Energy Blast 11d6, Reduced Endurance (1/2 END; +1/4) (69 Active Points); OAF (-1), Range Based On Strength (-1/4)

I'm sure the answer is evident in the book, but we're missing it. Thanks!!

Best... Lee

1 answer to this question

Re: Activating a MP Slot between phases?

Activating a power or Power Framework slot is a Zero-Phase Action. If a character uses his Energy Blast slot in, let's say, his Phase in Segment 3, that ends his Phase and he can't do anything else. If attacked in a Segment when he doesn't have a Phase, the only way he could activate a defensive ability would be to Abort to it.