"Heroic" villain group

transmetahuman

I was poking around an old thread on homages (which I'll get to in a different thread, when I've figured out what I want to ask), and found these:

Oh' date=' and after all the threads on them, I think an Authority Homage would be interesting... but I think in the Silver/Bronze CU they'd pretty clearly be villains.[/quote']

An Authority homage about a group of "heroes" who take over the world for its own good' date=' or their conception there of, and have to be deposed could be interesting.[/quote']

Got me to thinkin... Has anyone playing a silver/bronze age campaign got a villain group, whether Authority/SS homage or not, that really think that the crimes they're committing are "for our own good", that they have the world's best interests at heart? I'm not talking about mutant supremicist groups, focussing on one subset of humanity, and I'm not talking about iron age campaigns where the PCs likely are just such a group. I'm just wondering how such a team would come across in a more bronze type setting where villains are usually a lot more "evil".

I dunno, maybe having such a group *defines* the campaign as iron age.

Re: "Heroic" villain group

I do think such a group automatically muddies the waters a bit on clear cut good/evil so it might be harder to maintain a 4 color feel if that's what you want.

Doesn't mean such a villain group couldn't be fascinating.

It has been some time since I read it, but Factor 7 of the 4th Ed might have qualified.