magic cost

steph

a alchemist want to make a streght potion (aid 3d6) so we build the potion with all the framework add disadvantages we for the potion ....the real cost is 4 ... my question is everytime the alchemist want to make this potion he have to pay 4 characters points?? or what (let figure it a heroic 75base+75disadvantage....game)

hope i am clear

stef the french canadian

excuse my english again

Re: magic cost

It depends on how the power is built. If you used Independent and unrecoverable charges, then yes, it'll cost 4 CP to renew. If you built it with normal charges, it'll recover charges without additional CP cost. The charges will return after the adventure, day or however you set the charges to be recovered.

Re: magic cost

I usually build alchemy with Triggered, and include a provision for additional doses from one batch based on the success of the skill roll. That way, with Triggered, he can have as many potions lying around as he can make, instead of like... 4 due to INT/5 from Delayed Effect.

So, instead of making it independent, I usually make it Triggered and OAF(usable by anybody). That way, all your character expends is money, time, and long-term END when he brews a potion.