What the....

Deadly Rose

So I'm starting up my Hero Designer and a thing notice comes up showing a notice of a power my brother created on one of his charaters saying how Visable and Focus can't be used together. I explain this to him and he understands, but when I look over the power, this is what comes up

Death Beam (Knockout Mode): Energy Blast 5d6, Gets a 3d6 of power every phase he maintanes it (+1/2) (37 Active Points); Instant (-1/2), OIF (-1/2), Only In Heroic Identity (-1/4)

The "gets 3d6" is a custom adder, I'm not fimiliar with those.

Now that "Gets 3d6 if he maintains it" is deffinately not done right, the problem is, I can't figure out how to do that because I've never thought of something like this. From what he's telling me he wants to be able to power the hell out of this attack but it takes time and he can't attack in those phases he has. IE: Phase 3 its a 5d6, but if he doesn't attack it becomes a 8d6 on phase 6

Is this possable by just messing with the custom adder, or a seprate power all together? Any help = Uber Loved!

Re: What the....

One way to buy the power is to buy the maximum effect an then put a limitation on the power that they character only gets x amount per phase. Example:

5d6 eb plus +9d6 eb, only 3d6 per phase delayed: -1

Also, energy blast is an instant power, so it should not have the instant limitation. Also, it's not generally recommended to have only in hero id and a focus limtiation.

One way to buy the power is to buy the maximum effect an then put a limitation on the power that they character only gets x amount per phase. Example:

5d6 eb plus +9d6 eb, only 3d6 per phase delayed: -1

Also, energy blast is an instant power, so it should not have the instant limitation. Also, it's not generally recommended to have only in hero id and a focus limtiation.

Alright, I'll tell him this. Thanks a lot ^_^

Sounds like a partially-limited power to me.

One thing I would like to know is what do you/he mean by "maintains" the attack? EB is (as has been mentioned by MitchellS) an instant power, so by definition it can't be maintained. If the implication is that if he simpmly pays more END and the attack automatically hits and does more damage, you guys might want to look up "Continuous" advantage. For the purpose of this thread, I will assume that the "maintainance" in this case is simply "if I attack him next phase", thus requiring another Attack Roll.

Another thing I would like to be clear on is how "powerful" can the attack become? Is it only supposed to go to 8d6, or is it supposed to then go to 11d5, then 14d6, etc. I don't know what the damage caps are in this campaign (if any). I'll assume that it is only suppose to go to 11d6. You should get an idea of the progression I am proposing.

Here is my proposed power build:

Death Beam (Knockout Mode)

1) Take that!: EB 5d6 (25 Active Points)

2) And That!: EB 3d6 (15 Active Points); Only if opponent was hit by "Take That!" the previous Phase (-1/2) (10 Real Points)

3) And That Too!: EB 3d6 (15 Active Points); Only if opponent was hit by both "Take That!" & "And That" the previous Phase (-3/4) (8 Real Points)

Total Powers Cost: 43 Points

(Note: I will not add "Only in Hero ID", any Focus, or other limitation, but if you want them you would have them to each "level" of power).

If this doesn't fit the concept, post again. I might take another shot at it. :D

Sounds like a partially-limited power to me.

One thing I would like to know is what do you/he mean by "maintains" the attack? EB is (as has been mentioned by MitchellS) an instant power, so by definition it can't be maintained. If the implication is that if he simpmly pays more END and the attack automatically hits and does more damage, you guys might want to look up "Continuous" advantage. For the purpose of this thread, I will assume that the "maintainance" in this case is simply "if I attack him next phase", thus requiring another Attack Roll.

Another thing I would like to be clear on is how "powerful" can the attack become? Is it only supposed to go to 8d6, or is it supposed to then go to 11d5, then 14d6, etc. I don't know what the damage caps are in this campaign (if any). I'll assume that it is only suppose to go to 11d6. You should get an idea of the progression I am proposing.

Here is my proposed power build:

Death Beam (Knockout Mode)

1) Take that!: EB 5d6 (25 Active Points)

2) And That!: EB 3d6 (15 Active Points); Only if opponent was hit by "Take That!" the previous Phase (-1/2) (10 Real Points)

3) And That Too!: EB 3d6 (15 Active Points); Only if opponent was hit by both "Take That!" & "And That" the previous Phase (-3/4) (8 Real Points)

Total Powers Cost: 43 Points

(Note: I will not add "Only in Hero ID", any Focus, or other limitation, but if you want them you would have them to each "level" of power).

If this doesn't fit the concept, post again. I might take another shot at it. :D

Mother of christ.... Thats exactuall it. Sorry I fogot to clarify, I wasn't letting it go past 11d6 anyways becuase anything more is like, not even cool. Matains means he doesn't attack that turn, sort of like running away or simply charging up.

Thanks for the perfect power ^_^

Mother of christ.... Thats exactuall it. Sorry I fogot to clarify, I wasn't letting it go past 11d6 anyways becuase anything more is like, not even cool. Matains means he doesn't attack that turn, sort of like running away or simply charging up.

Thanks for the perfect power ^_^

If it powers up while he isn't attacking, I would build it more like:

EB: 5d6;

+EB 3d6; Extra Time: Extra Phase (-1/2);

+EB 3d6; Extra Time: Full Turn (-5/4);

Then he has to, "maintain," it for a Turn to get the full 11d6. If he instead fires it off after only an extra Phase, it will be 8d6. If he fires it off without taking time to power it up, it is only 5d6. You could change the actual Extra Time durations to taste.

Alternately, if it takes him this extra time to power it up, but then it stays powered up for a while, you could build it like:

"Take That!" EB: 5d6

"Take More" Aid: 15 (5d6 Standard Effect) to "Take That!"

...and you could buy the Fade Rate down to taste, add Extra Time or other Limitations to the Aid, etc.