Crossposted from NGD, Pulp Photoshop Phun! ;)

proditor

This photo was taken by a Doctor H. Jones in the deserts of Egypt in 1936. Any inquires as to the results of the simultaneous American archeological expedition in the area should be referred to the Department of Homeland Security.

What is common knowledge is that this picture depicts the first Nazi walkers in use to support the Gotha GO-219 flying wing bomber, originally designed for that firm by the now famous Horten Brothers. The walker is a blitzen model originally designed for fast support of advancing infantry and light scouting. Armed with a 20mm cannon and a 3 shot 60mm mortar, it was considered a revolution until it faced actual tanks in combat. As with most walkers used during the war, it was fast, but fragile.

indy.gif

(Man Photoshop is fun!! The plane is from Raiders of course, the mini is from DP9's Gear Kreig line and painted by Agis Neugebauer. The compositing is all me and much fun.)

Re: Crossposted from NGD, Pulp Photoshop Phun! ;)

Nice - but...

Flip the mecha image - the light is hitting the wrong side, and make it larger (the person in the background is larger than the pilot of the mecha).

Yeah, I know the light was wrong, but I was most of the way through it and making the shadow before I realized it. As for the guy, that's the bald-headed monster Indy fights. He's supposed to be huge. ;)

Of course! That's where I've seen that image before! Been ages since I'd seen any Indiana Jones' date=' I'd forgotten...[/quote']

No worries, I spent like 20 minutes resizing the mech because I kept going "That is the 7 foot tall monster mechanic guy...right?" :D

I've recently discovered the wonders of the darkroom and depth of vision blur filters in Lightwave for a magazine illustration I did on the weekend. There are various free mech models/meshes around the place - I can do you some images if you like.

I've recently discovered the wonders of the darkroom and depth of vision blur filters in Lightwave for a magazine illustration I did on the weekend. There are various free mech models/meshes around the place - I can do you some images if you like.

That would be spiffy beyond words. :D

I'm still just fooling around with Photoshop, my crowning "achievement" so far is probably the twin tank I put in the "Pics that could be Supers" thread in the NGD. Mostly because I had to redraw the middle bit in Photoshop "freehand". Though the airbrush settings were a big help in making it look grainy...

Of course you probably were doing all of that and more like years ago, NM me, noob at play. :D

(And with that complete stream of consciousness post, I should probably realize I'm tired and go to bed.)