Wwyddiyryc?

tinman

Re: Wwyddiyryc?

Hmmm......

Sorry--

I just wanted to think about this for a minute.

Given what you've said about the current characters and the current players, the idea of simply vilifying the current supers and starting new ones in the same world has a lot of merit.

If you're players actually _do_ want to play heroes-- and that's "heroes" with a capital "noble good guys," then this setting sounds tailor-made for them to prove themselves. Not only can they attempt to do good works, they have the added challenge of demonstrating to the public that they _are_ the good guys, and that supers are not so different in that they come in good guy and bad guy.

They prove themselves to you, themselves, and the world at large. And at the end, they get to stop the world's first supremecist super villains!

Sounds good to me!

Duke

It would require the players to want that type of campaign. The group I have would not enjoy hunting their former PC's while playing what they would interpret as shills of the governments they've come to despise (though I would enjoy it very much).

I could probably make it work, but there would be resistance. And besides, this way I can tweak the setting with all the changes I've come up with since I first launched it.

This idea holds a lot of appeal for me, but in the end I think it will be simpler and easier (and probably more enjoyable for the group as a whole) to do the reboot.

I most certainly will be adding thinly veiled "homages" to the old PC's as key villains in the rebooted campaign though. They don't get off completely :eg:

Re: Wwyddiyryc?

Perhaps we should start a support group..

"Fred... was it Frank? Well, it definitely started with an F... or was that a K..."

Or an online database of generic NPC personalities, maybe one for each letter of the alphabet (Andy the Army Recruiter, Betty the Barmaid, Cory the Cod Fisherman, Dennis the Dean of Metahuman Studies...).

• 3 weeks later...