Quick! Help me decide!

orinmoon

I'm getting the game tomorrow and I can't decide which of all these would suit my playing style!

- Superhuman or regular human hero

- Flight, super speed or land movement vs vehicles

- Weapons or super powers

The themes I would choose for my hero are usually mythic and I kinda like flying sometimes, but only for wings. This does lead to a crisis where I figure out winged heroes are less superpowered.

Other things I enjoy are powered armors, next to wings, and some gadgets like Iron Man's transistors. My favourite superhero has got to be the Flash or Green Lantern (I can't tell which one I perfer the most). Then again, I feel the need to add a universe or remodel the Champions Universe into my own design so everyone would look and feel like House of M characters.

So the big question is...which hero would best suit me?

Re: Quick! Help me decide!

I was kinda thinking of something without powers like energy manipulation. I kinda came up with a crime fighter alternative to DC's Pied Piper. His magical flute grants him beneficiant powers that reflect musical moods. Like teleporting to a realm of relief (e.g. line-of-sight teleportation), the ability to hide angry feelings through music (e.g. invisibility) and vise versa. He wields a few small gadgets such as a grapnel and even possesses great martial arts and bird-like sensory powers. Mainly 'cause birds make music...

I don't know really...

Sometimes, I think I really need to research various elements of the world to come up with an idea. I used wikipedia, dictionaries and looked at certain heroes and items and its still that hard. I mean look at Marvel! How do they do it!?

Why don't you start with the background and personality of the character? Maybe something will occur to you and/or you'll get a better idea of what powers he should have. Make him unique to YOU in terms of who he is; let the powers and abilities stem from that. Sometimes it works for me, especially when the character 'comes alive' while writing him up.

I didn't get the game yet but I did however come up with an idea thanks to the last reply. My personality is that I feel patriotic, scientific and a little bit of an angelic/god type hero. I have hero concepts, which one matches me?

The Griffin - origin: Zabe Zolac was banised to a near-eternity after betraying his race. The ancient talismans known as the Zola bands housed his spirit. Discovered by the enviromental scientist, called Naythan Newman, he was freed and his spirit merged with the scientist after an industrial sabotage. The Griffin, a symbiotic hero, uses the bands to convert magical force into increased strength and healing abilities. This hero wears wings to cleverly show his themes and has the powers of an ancient hunter.

Silver Bullet - origin: After his neighbourhood was struck down by a violent rise in street crimes. Ex-police officer and scientist Cain Abel created a gravity-defying belt and bullet-shaped graviton helmet to fly and perform incredible powers. He then put his mantle to the test and defended the neighbourhood and Cardinal City from alien-based control devices that caused the rising surge of crime levels.