Megaphone

Dust Raven

Re: Megaphone

I don't know if a Megaphone actually adds to PRE' date=' an idiot using a Megaphone is just a loud idiot. But it certainly adds Area Of Effect to a PRE Attack. Or at least increases the Area a PRE Attack already effects.[/quote']

Intelligence and Presence are two different things ;)

Ooooookay. What school did you go to? Sheepville High?

Didn't we all? Isn't that what High School is designed for?

Telling me I'll do what a drill instructor says to do' date=' and not what Gore says to do, is not much of a contest either way. Take the megaphone away from the drill instructor and he's still more influential (in the immediate) than either of the politicians would be.[/quote']

Yes, I was reinforcing the point that your examples were not really relevent by doing the same, in the opposite direction.

Um' date=' if people are sheep, then no Power should be necessary. A general rule should then be that in any group of X people, the loudest voice automatically gains Mind Control over them. Somehow, that seems a bit much.[/quote']

Well firstly, I said that 'crowds are sheep.' Secondly, I don't think it's really necessary to point it out as a power, or a disad for the 'crowd' as a whole, but generally, yes, a crowd will listen to and obey [provided the suggestion seems reasonable at the time] the loudest voice in the group. They tend to follow a leader of some sort, and a Megaphone certainly helps you become that leader.

Truthfull though... only if a character wanted a Megaphone that would allow that kind of 'crowd control' would I bother stating something like that out.

I'd hardly call limiting people to sheep broadening my mind.

Perhaps you could broaden you mind by actually reading my post. I said 'Crowds are sheep' -and if you don't agree, well, I agree to allow you to disagree, and we move on.

Conduct the following experiment:

Obtain a megaphone and go to the mall. Begine to instruct people to perform simple tasks while using it. Discover which happens first: The crowd obeys, or you get arrested.

Well that's an awfully vague experiment, don't you think?

I'd have to say that it would depend on what you're asking them to do, what they are inclined to do, etc etc... [sort of like Mind Control, one may think]

Here's one back atcha, take a Megaphone to a football [soccer] game in Ireland. Attempt to incite a riot in the losing team's bleachers. I'd bet that Megaphone would help transform the crowd into a riotous mass.

Oh hey, there we go, Megaphone Multipower with +PRE, Mind Control AoE and Transform: Crowds into riotous masses!

Ok, enough, I am tired and must sleep.

Come on guys! You're both right. There is a crowd mentality that develops when people are in large groups. Usually it takes getting one stupid person to do something, and as long as the general mood of the crowd is not totally opposed you will often get many or most (if not all) people reacting similarly. But you aren't likely to be able to go into a university graduate class and get everyone to admit that they are chickens, either. It is not an overly simple or predictable thing, although it very well can be volatile. The infamous shouting of, "Fire!" in a crowded building can insight panic and riot in just about any crowd.