Feather Stone

My project tonight is to build a bunch of powers for magical items in my Easthaven campaign for the current GM. I don't see a problem with any of the powers with a single exception. I'm hoping someone might have a suggestion or a build to assist me with this one particular power.

Feather Stone

The Feather Stone is an unbreakable, independent focus. When put into a backpack or a sack, it reduces the weight of the pack by 75% for the purposes of determining carry weight.

Any advice on how to build this power?

Re: Feather Stone

Extra STR, TK, etc. all have the problem that you have to define a maximum amount of benefit and then apply a limitation like "Only up to 75% of the weight being carried" (-1/2) or something similar. This could be a problem, and get rather expensive, depending on how much you determine the maximum possible weight that could be in a backpack to be.

For what you're after, the obvious choice would be something that reduces the effective mass by a flat percentage, regardless of what the starting mass was -- something like the way Damage Reduction removes a flat percentage of incoming damage, regardless of how big or how small the damage was.

Unfortunately, I only know of one thing that does that for mass, and that's Shrinking. 10 points of Shrinking can take something down to just 12.5% of its starting mass, so defining 10 points of Shrinking as taking something down to 25% of its starting mass shouldn't be a problem. If you don't mind the items in the pack actually getting smaller while they're in the pack, no problem. If they just get lighter but not smaller, then there's a problem.

My inclination, though, would be to just use 1 level of Shrinking, 0 END Persistant, Only on items carried in a backpack or other container (-1), Items only decrease in effective mass, and not size (-0) and call it "good". :)

Re: Feather Stone

Feather Stone: Shrinking (1/8 mass), Reduced Endurance Cost (0 END, +1/2), Persistant (+1/2) (20 Active Points) IIF (-1/4), Independent (-2), Only on items carried in a backpack or other container (-1), Items only decrease in effective mass, and not size (-0). Total Cost: 6 points.