Help with names...QUICK!!!

Dr. Anomaly

Re: Help with names...QUICK!!!

Guys,

I need some help with names, and quickly -- as in the next 2.5 hours! I was supposed to run my Champions game tomorrow evening, but I just found out I have to do it tonight...and I'm not ready!

The main thing I have to do is construct "dark" doubles of the PCs. That won't be a problem, overmuch...but what I didn't have done yet are the names.

The team brick is Balrog, and I'll probably stick with that for his dark double.

The team power-armor wearer is Sentinel. The dark version is going to have bonded bio-armor (but it will work much the same). I'd like a name that sounds sinister, yet carries the same "watchful" connotation as 'Sentinel'.

Spy, Peeping Tom, Eavesdropper, The Gate, The Fence (errr.....), Black Guard, Watchtower, Watcher, Guard Post. I also like Big Brother and Lurker, both suggested above.

I'm no help with Aztecs. ;)

Thanks much, everyone! I've got the characters created and, thanks to you guys, they're also named!!! :celebrate

I really appreciate all the help & good suggestions! I think y'all saved muh bacon with this one... ;)

Edit: oh, yeah...for all you guys who helped out...the rep check's in the mail! :) It'll be a couple of days (probably Monday or Tuesday) before I can rep you, because I've got a number of people already on my "to rep list", but I've put your names on there, too, so I won't forget! :thumbup:

For Sentinel, I was sorely tempted by "Blackguard", but ended up going with Overlord since it sounded "mightier".

For Balrog, I refered to him as "a demon of smoke and flame, the Dark One"

For the others:

Mentalist. Also has some darkness and healing powers. Currently Anubis.

Patecatl - the god of medicine, husband of Mayahuel

Mage with a VPP. Currently Thoth.

Ueuecoyotl - a trickster god of indulgence and pranks. A shapeshifter, associated with drums and the coyote

Flying energy projector; has a light-based theme but that doesn't need to stay the same. Currently Ra.

Xolotl - god of lightning, guides the dead top the underworld

Fast & furious martial-artist-with-blades HtH combatent. Currently Sekmet.

Itzli - god of sacrifice and stone knives.

Mini-brick with small magic VPP. Currently Set.

Teoyaomqui - the god of dead warriors