Life-Support vs being buried alive

DataPacRat

Question

Bunny, the pink-furred superhero from another planet, has medical nanites that give her a certain collection of powers: Regeneration (1 BODY per Turn), Extended Breathing (4 points; 1 END per 20 minutes instead of per phase), Diminished Eating (once/week), and Longevity (unaging). She also has REC 4, and the Simulate Death talent.

Given some discussion with my GM, it's quite possible that at some point, she's going to be buried alive for a few centuries. I /think/ I've worked it out, but I'd like to double-check what the actual effects of that will be.

Suffocation: No air means no RECovery, and she'll lose 1 END every 20 minutes; when her END reaches 0, she loses 1 STUN per 20 minutes until they hit 0, then she loses 1 BODY per 20 minutes (which is regenerated one Turn later). (Or, does she lose 1 STUN per 20 minutes until they hit -31?). Net effect: 0 END, 0 STUN, full BODY.

Dehydration: Assuming Diminished Eating includes water, then after a week, she suffers 1d6 Normal Damage every 6*7=42 hours. The BODY is healed a Turn or two later; with no RECoveries, the STUN just keeps on plummeting.

Starvation: After two or three weeks, 1d6 Normal Damage per week; again, the BODY is healed quickly, the STUN just drops. Also, STR, DEX, and CON are lost at the same rate as BODY, averaging 1 point per week.

So, each year, the buried Bunny loses around (3.5*52) + (365*24/42) = 390 STUN, 52 STR, 52 DEX, and 52 CON.

Eventually, she's dug up again... once she starts breathing again, she starts getting RECoveries. (However, since she's far under -31 STUN, it's "GM's Option" how /often/ she recovers STUN...). With "excellent conditions", she recovers 8 STR, DEX, and CON per month, or 96 per year. It's going to take quite a while before she reaches -30 DEX and can perform any physical actions...

(Sidethought: She could choose to try and enter a Simulate Death trance before going unconscious. If she rolls 18 on the EGO roll and then fails the CON roll, she will "truly die if she does not receive medical attention"; otherwise, she "functions at 1/10th her normal metabolic rate', and so would lose the above-mentioned stats per decade instead of per year, yes? After a century, she'd be around -520 DEX, which would take about 5 years to RECover, right?)

Thank you for your time,

--

DataPacRat

1 answer to this question

Re: Life-Support vs being buried alive

I'm sorry, but this sounds largely like a plot device to me, so I really don't see the need to work through all of your calculations and suppositions just to give you a "yes" or "no." Figure out how you want it to happen in the game, then work it all out with your GM.