valdorian age

steph

After a little talk with super squirrel i decide to take a look about the valdorian and i am a little confused about the magic system (hope the day hero books in french) can someone resume for me the goal of the favor points please i understand the rest of the magic system but this part hummmmmmmmm

stef the french canadian

hope i am clear

Re: valdorian age

Normally when you have a power with Requires a Skill Roll what happens is if you fail the skill roll, the power fails to activate.

In Valdorian Age, this isn't the case. No matter what you roll on your Sorcery Skill, the spell is cast. However, if you fail the roll you collect Negative Favor Points.

Joe is a Black Magician with 5 Positive Favor Points. He tries to summon a Demon and fails his skill roll by 7. The Demon appears but Joe drops from 5 Positive Favor Points to 2 Negative Favor Points.

When a sorcerer has more than 15 Negative Favor Points, they have a chance of a supernatural creature requesting them to do a favor. If they do the favor, they have paid off the favor points.

Joe reaches 20 Negative Favor Points. A demon tells him to do the Macarena. Joe does so and for doing so, now has 10 Negative Favor Points.

The sorcerer can refuse a task. But to do so is very dangerous. If any use of sorcerery results in a roll of an 18, the supernatural creature that the sorcerer refused the task from before takes his soul and possesses his body.

Joe has 35 Negative Favor Points. Bernard, the Demon, requests Joe kiss Sally. Joe thinks Sally has cooties and refuses to do so. Later, Joe goes to cast a spell and rolls a dreaded 18. Bernard rips Joe's soul from his body and takes possession of Joe's body as his own.

I hope that sums it up for you.