Trigger

Constantine

Question

Hi Steve,

I don't know if you've been following our discussion in the Teleport Catcher thread, but its brought up some interesting points, and I thought I'd bring a few of them to you. Does the event specified in the trigger advantage need to be perceived by the person with the triggered power, or is the trigger advantage itself able to perceive its conditions, or something else I haven't thought of? Also, can a triggered power stop an instantanous power from happening, ie can you set on a supress of teleportation a trigger of "when someone is about to teleport" or even, "when someone has activated the teleport power" and have it stop said teleport?

1 answer to this question

Re: Trigger

Does the event specified in the trigger advantage need to be perceived by the person with the triggered power, or is the trigger advantage itself able to perceive its conditions, or something else I haven't thought of?

See 5ER 269-70.

Also, can a triggered power stop an instantanous power from happening, ie can you set on a supress of teleportation a trigger of "when someone is about to teleport" or even, "when someone has activated the teleport power" and have it stop said teleport?

It’s up to the GM to determine what Triggered powers he’s willing to allow, when they’ll activate, and what effects they’ll have. It’s certainly possible to define the Trigger as the activation of a particular Power (subject to the usual rules for Trigger and the GM’s discretion), but the exact effects are of course going to depend on the Triggered Power, the effect roll, and so on.