Two for the price of one!

Thia Halmades

Question

Morning Steve!

Two questions, both following a vague theme.

1. When using AID in a campaign using NCM, I'm assuming that the AID is not counted against the NCM; in other words, it will always boost DEX at 3:1 for the points rolled, not 6:1 if the character's DEX is already over 20. Yay or nay?

2. In an Elemental Control, I've purchased a linked power (say, EB & Flash to create a Lightning Bolt with a Thunder Clap effect). How exactly does the EC stack?

- Once, with the 'leading' power in the case of a linked power? Thus reducing the potential cost of the secondary power (thunder clap) but not boosting it? Would Thunder Clap, in the event of a 30 pt. EC, still have to have 30pts. of Flash on it?

- The power is built as Lightning Bolt plus Thunder Clap - and the EC base is divided among the two? Does the whole power now equal 30 or more, or would I have to fiddle with both sides still? This seems the most logical way to create linked powers in an EC.

- The power is built as Lightning Bolt plus Thunder Clap - and the EC base is assigned to only one, but always that one?

Your INT would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

~DEM

1 answer to this question

Re: Two for the price of one!

I'm afraid my INT's a bit muddled by cold medicine right now, but I can still whip up some answers. ;)

1. Correct; see 5ER 330

2. See 5ER 314 re: buying Linked Powers in slots — it’s a bit more info than I can easily repeat here. If that doesn’t answer your question, please post a follow-up.