Vehicle as automatons

TheRavenIs

Re: Vehicle as automatons

Buy the vehicle and then buy a Computer "pilot" with the necessary skills to operate it. If it's self-aware and all that, make it an AI. You may want to add a "physical" lim to the computer if it has hardwired design elements that require it to obey particular individuals or as a "psych" if it's only a software element (which means it can be overcome with hacking/mind control/whatever).

I've done it for a few designs and it works fine.

...and I just wish you wouldn't.

The reason I was going to do it as a automaton was for simple build. I love making vehicles, but with this one I can see it as an automaton. Plus being 'TeeHee' I see it as a character, but a AI controling a Car is a Character. We will see if I do the automaton or in the end do it as a vehicle and AI.

I'm thinking the automaton is more complex because you need to simulate the properties of the vehicle instead of just using the system already in place.

For example, you need to buy the appropriate stuff to reflect its size, its ability to carry passengers without "grabbing them." Also, there is an insane cost when you consider the automaton defense rate which, in turn, has to be able to apply to everyone who can fit inside.

True, but I don't know any way to have it act like it should as I see it when it get's hit. It 'feels' the damage it takes, you would have to come up with a way to do that for a vehicle, but you can do that with an automaton. Your right about the extra stuff, the growth, the ability to carry without grabbing, and the def, but it can be done, just expensive.

Well, are you trying to simulate that it takes stun or looking for a game mechanic way to enforce the way you want it to be roleplayed?

You could, for example, simply give it a disad "takes stun damage" and buy characteristics as powers - stun & rec

If what you're after is building the car as a single unit (without having to use separate sheets for the Vehicle and the Computer operating it) you could just take the optional rule from TUV and give the Vehicle INT and EGO (and maybe even PRE).

But I think I can do it as an automaton a bit easier, but I will try both ways and then see which one was the best for what I want to do.

I didn't want to use the names as we have been asked not to do anything on the boards with CLOWN' date='[/quote']

Where, when, and by whom?

I'm asking because I've always liked that group, occasionally have referred to them, have thought about posting rewrites/updates for them, and don't want to break any rules or get into trouble.

Thanks in advance. ;)

I didn't want to use the names as we have been asked not to do anything on the boards with CLOWN' date=' but I'm not actually posting any C, just an idea about how to do a team like them with an intelligent AI, that happens to be a car/vehicle.[/quote']

I don't remember that being said anywhere, but...I could be wrong. It's not like C.L.O.W.N. is some sort of taboo, or curse word.

I've actually made a few references to the old C.L.O.W.N. Sourcebook, and I never felt some firey wrath from the "powers that be". :fear::angst:

I'd really be interested in seeing your automaton version writeup. This would also benefit players looking to build sentient jetpacks (or gloves or whatever) and plenty of other character type/ideas and such.

When you get around to trying it out, please share.

I often have ideas, for example, that come close to this concept