I am looking for help in modeling a power

TheRavenIs

Re: I am looking for help in modeling a power

What's the special effect?

Does he have some kind of super GES system that cushions him from impacts?

Does he have some kind of magical protection against just those two effects?

Does he . . . actually, those are the only two special effects I can think of. :)

Anyway . . .

9 (23) 15†Gliding, Persistent (+1/2), Only Straight Down (-1 1/2) (You can tack IPE on here, if you want to be a bastard. Turns even a terminal velocity fall into a ‘controlled’ fall, at the same speed)

10 (30) 30 points PD, only vs. knockback damage (-2) (That’ll give you an effective PD of around 55 vs KB, or an above average roll on 15d6. If you’re terrified of taking stun, increase to taste)

19 points. Not great, but better than 60.

If you want to go the just add PD, only vs falls and KB route, 180 points of defense isn’t needed, though. Even a super-high 30d6 roll isn’t going to average much above 4 pts per die. Assuming a 25 PD, another 90 points will cost you 30.

I think -2 is fair for ‘only vs. KB and Falling.’ Yes, it’s a big limitation to give for a ‘single special effect’ defense, but it’s a very easy SE to sidestep completely, and you don’t want to punish the guy too much for not buying KB resistance. :)

---

The ‘KB resistance, only vs. damage’ is clever, though . . .

Re: I am looking for help in modeling a power

Alternatly' date=' use a form of triggered teleport with the No Relative Velocity adder ;)[/quote']

Oooh, I like this one the best.

Teleport 1" Trigger: When knocked back; automatically resets. No Relative Velocity.

Teleport 1" Trigger: When in 1" of ground after uncontrolled fall; automatically resets. No Relative Velocity.

:thumbup: