movement

steph

Question

hello steve this is a question about movement in a combat situation ......when you do a movement in your phase, he is completed at the end of your phase? or you have to determine segment by segment your movement?........................................example let presume my character got speed of 4 (3,6,9,12) and a movement of 6/12.........in segment 3 igot a phase i want to use it to run away (non-combat movement 12) at the end of my phase at segment 3 i gonna be 12 hex away? or i have to determine segment by segment my movement? in that way i gonna be 12 hex away at segment 5.......or if i decide to move and attack at my phase on segment 3 i can make a half-move and attact so my phase gonna finish at the end of my phase on segment 3 ?............. a old timer hero player in montreal completely confused me but he still use hero system rules of the 80

hope i am clear english not my first language

stef from montreal

1 answer to this question

Re: movement

Movement does not occur Segment by Segment. If a character moves, say, 12" on his Phase, then he moves 12" in that Segment and that's all. If he wants to move in a later Phase, he has to declare that as an Action. If he makes a Half Move and then uses his remaining Half Phase to perform an Attack Action, he doesn't keep moving in later Segments; his movement ends after he makes that Half Move.

I hope that clears things up. If not, please post a follow-up.