0 END Continuous Uncontrolled Line Entangle Wall Followup

Killer Shrike

Question

Question:

Killer Shrike

Q: If you apply 0 END Contin Uncontrolled and AoE: Line to an Entangle, will it constantly roll to restore it's body each Segment, thus making a self-repairing wall?

Q2: If yes, if you apply IPE: Source Only, Hide Effects of Power, can this be interpreted as a wall which appears to be invulnerable to damage?

Answer:

Steve Long

These seem to me to be "how to" questions or issues best left to the GM. To the extent there are any rules issues, existing questions in the Rules FAQ re: Continuous Entangles already address them.

I am the GM. :)

Actually, I didnt mean to imply a "How To"; I am familiar with the FAQ ruling for a Constant Entangle repairing itself, what I am asking is a rules question. If a Continuous Entangle is also Uncontrolled will it repair itself each Segment rather than each Phase as stated in the FAQ for a Continuous Entangle.

The followup question is also a rules question. If IPE: Source Only, Hide Effects of Power is applied to such an Entangle, the Entangle Wall is still 'visible' (SFX are visible), but would the Hide Effects of Power cover the idea of the Entangle Wall appearing to take no damage at all rather than it taking damage and then repairing that damage each Segment, or would some other Advantage be required systemically to cover this.

Thanx, and sorry for the lack of clarity in the original post!

1 answer to this question

Sorry I didn't read more clearly. ;) That's what I get for reading quickly while editing the FH mass combat rules. ;)

No, it won't repair itself each Segment -- just each Phase as per normal.

The IPE question remains within the GM's discrection. "Wall appears invulnerable" is a special effect like any other, and thus subject to the GM's approval. If the GM's willing to allow it -- and I don't see why he wouldn't be, since the character's paying for it -- then sure, it seems invulnerable. If the GM is concerned about that and won't approve it, yer outta luck.

Fortunately, as the GM, you can approve it. ;)