Persistant Mind Link

JSenecal

Question

1) Can a Mind Link be maintained for days, weeks, or months?

2) What is involved with maintaining (or reestablishing) a Mind Link if all participants in the link are sleeping?

3) Are the above answers different if the Mind Link is a Closed Radio Link instead of a mental power?

Since Mind Link is persistent, I would think that it could be maintained indefinitely. I'm looking at using an actual Mental link for maintaining communication for a group when the group splits for an extended period of time. Is this possible?

1 answer to this question

Re: Persistant Mind Link

1. Mind Link is a Persistent Power. The standard duration and rules for such powers, as described on 5ER 100, apply; see also the answers below.

2. If all characters in a Mind Link are unconscious (for whatever reason), then the Link obviously no longer exists. As long as at least one person in a Link remains conscious, the others, upon coming back to consciousness, can rejoin the Link using the rules on 5ER 204-05. The Psychic Bond rules may affect this, however.

3. They differ only to the extent that a properly constructed Closed Radio Link should have Limitations reflecting its drawbacks as compared to a standard Mind Link. For most GMs, I’d think the use of Focus (a device that has to be turned on and off, and so forth) suffices for this purpose.

4. In light of the rules in the book and the explanation above, this seems unlikely at best.