Grab & Teleport II

Hugh Neilson

Question

(B) the character has both (1) Teleportation (to Teleport himself) and (2) a Teleportation UAA power (to Teleport the Grabbed target against his will).

I have some trouble wrapping my mind around the mechanics of this, and I'm hoping you can clarify where I'm missing the boat. As I read this, to make it work, I need to:

(a) Use my Teleport UAA to Teleport my opponent

(B) Due to the limitation, Teleport with him using my own movement

That leaves me with a couple of questions, as follows:

1. Can I only use a half move? It would seem so, since I need a half phase for TP UAA and a half phase to teleport myself.

2. Would Linking my personal Teleport and the UAA Teleport allow me to make a full move, assuming I am correct re #1?

3. The biggie. In order to make this work, it seems I have to first make an attack roll against my opponent to use UAA Teleport, then Teleport myself to follow him. However, the attack action ends my phase, so I can't follow him, can I?

3a Maybe this means I have to teleport even if I miss my opponent (or he's immune to the UAA teleport due to the reasonably common defense)

3b Again, would this be overcome by Linking the two powers?

Sorry for being dense on this. A reply in words of one sylllable seems it would be best. :o

1 answer to this question

Re: Grab & Teleport II

1-2. Technically, yes, but I think in the interest of common and dramatic sense most GMs would require that both characters Teleport the same distance, since what’s being simulated here is the Teleporter involuntarily carrying another character along with him. Linking the two would overcome this, but an even better way to do it would be to have the Teleportation UAA be Triggered.

3. Again, technically this is correct, but it overlooks common and dramatic sense in this situation. I don’t think most GMs would have a problem with a character doing a “multiple attack” of “Teleport me and involuntarily Teleport him along with me.” The Trigger Advantage overcomes any technical difficulties if the GM wants to play strictly by the book.

Assuming the GM allows this sort of action, he can decide whether the character Teleports only himself if the UAA attack misses, or the teleporter just doesn’t go anywhere.