Free setting for a SF campaign! Link

Guest Schwarzwald

Guest Schwarzwald

Ok, there's a miniature tabletop wargame called "Void 1.1" that was meant to take on 40k and didn't quite do it, but the rulebook and the racial army books are free pdf downloads.

They contain quite enough information for anyone familiar with a game system like hero to design a full campaign based on the world and racial descriptions in the rules and army books.

Here's a link to the downloads page. These folks give away the rules as PDFs and sell miniatures.http://www.urbanmammoth.com/um/html/home.htm

Have fun.

Re: Free setting for a SF campaign! Link

What an awful layout job! May have looked nice in color but in black and white it is atrocious. This illustrates my problem with a lot of these new games, they have the glossy color pages that look nice enough to frame but that does not always make them readable.

I was doing fine until I got to the rules. I'm not much of a mini guy, but I found the background kind of interesting.

Guest Schwarzwald

Be sure to down the army books as those give extensive background info on the races. Enough to build a rpg setting with a decent toolkit.

The syntha and the junkers are pretty good, the koralons make a good icky alien species.

Guest Schwarzwald

What an awful layout job! May have looked nice in color but in black and white it is atrocious. This illustrates my problem with a lot of these new games, they have the glossy color pages that look nice enough to frame but that does not always make them readable.

I was doing fine until I got to the rules. I'm not much of a mini guy, but I found the background kind of interesting.

well, the backgrouynd was all I was pushing here, as a source for rpg settings it's hard to beat.

Guest Schwarzwald

Yeah' date=' the layout is actually much better than DOJ's, it just gets trashed in the conversion to grayscale. Sure looks like an expensive game to play, though, judging from the sample game--what is that, like two dozen vehicles?[/quote']

Old man, don't judge voide by GW's price scale, their stuff is much more reasonable.