Suppress with Cumulative advantage

Kaze9999

Question

I've got a player who wants to build a 1d6 Suppression of Technological devices with a one-hex area effect centered on himself at 0 end cost with the 'Cumulative' advantage.

It seems to me that for a relatively low cost in character points, he will be able to simply lean against any technological device for a couple minutes, and it will fall to pieces. Unless of course it has 6 points of power defense.

Is that pretty much the way that would work?

1 answer to this question

Re: Suppress with Cumulative advantage

Potentially, but I think you may be overlooking some things. First, without increasing the maximum Cumulative effect, which increases the cost of the Advantage, a character with that sort of power would be limited to 6 points of effect. Second, if you as GM choose to allow a 0 END Suppress, the special rules for that on 5ER 228 apply. Third, making a Suppress cost 0 END does not make it Persistent or permanent -- once the character can no longer maintain it (such as when he goes to sleep, becomes unconscious, or loses Line Of Sight to it), the affected device would instantly be restored to its normal condition. (And the illogic of that result is just one reason why this is a poor power construct.)