Flails

tancred

Question

Steve, the goblin's gonna show his ignorance again.

Still working on weapon prefabs, now I have a question about Flails.

Fantasy Hero, page 169, says that "The ability to perform the Flail maneuver is bought as a naked Advantage: Indirect (+¼) for the Active Points in the flail, with the Limitations OAF (-1), Required Hands (varies), Real Weapon (-¼), and Side Effects (-1 OCV, always occurs; -½)."

I tried to build a Flail as a Compound Power, with the Killing Attack as the first power and the Indirect Naked Modifier as the second power.

The Indirect will not allow me to select Required Hands or Real Weapon as Limitations (on Indirect itself); the explanation says these Limitations can only be applied to Attack Powers.

Dan said:

If you are trying to build a Power which has those Limitations applied to the Naked Modifier itself, then you will need to use Custom Modifiers for them, as they are not behaving in accordance with the rules of the system (Naked Modifiers are not Attack Powers).

So my question is two-fold:

1. Does the rule in Fantasy Hero mean that OAF, Required Hands, Real Weapon, and Side Effects apply to the Indirect Naked Modifier, or only to the Killing Attack?

2. If the Limitations do apply to Indirect, should Hero Designer allow that, or do they constitute an exception and require Custom Modifiers?

Thank you again.

1 answer to this question