Non-Combat Multiple in a UAA Movement Power

SteveZilla

Question

Steve, does applying Useable As Attack to a Movement Power have any affect on the use of that Movement Power's NCM in the attack?

For ex:

1. Teleportation + UAA. A normal NCM Teleport means the character is at 0 OCV and 1/2 DCV, and it takes a full extra Phase (going off on the character's DEX, I presume). Would a NCM Teleport UAA have the attacker suffering these 'penalties'? And the target, if successfully hit, only suffers the movement of the teleport, and nothing else?

2. Leaping + UAA. Leaping NCM takes the character more than one phase, during which he's 0 OCV and 1/2 DCV, and can take no other actions. Would a NCM Leaping UAA have the attacker suffering these 'penalties' (meaning that, along with the CV mods, the attack takes two or more Phases)? And the target, if successfully hit, only suffers the movement of the teleport, and nothing else?

Related Question, if Yes to either 1 or 2:

3. Would an attacker using a Movement Power, UAA, Megascaled suffer the same "Non Combat Movement" penalties as he would if it wasn't Megascaled?

Thanks!

PS: If I had to guess, I'd say it would be "yes" to all three -- letting UAA negate the NCM mechanics just seems wrong to me. ;)

1 answer to this question

Re: Non-Combat Multiple in a UAA Movement Power

First, per 5ER 125, Movement Powers UAA can only use Combat Movement. Buying Increased Noncombat Movement for them has no effect. I think that disposes of your first two questions. As to #3, all a MegaScaled UAA Movement Power does is move the target the defined distance a an attack; it doesn’t impose any other “penalties” on him.

If I've overlooked some aspect of your questions, please post a follow-up. ;)