Star Wars:the Gathering Storm Breaks

LordGhee

Hello everyone this thread is about our STAR WARS campaign here in El Paso Texas.

The Main Game Master: Lord Ghee*.

1st Assistant Game Master: Piranha.

Jedi Master: El Tripon*.

Jedi: BlackJack*.

Padiwan to Jedi Master: Sabrina.

Padiwan to Jedi: Robert.

R-20 D-40 Jedi repair droid: Kathon.

Tribune: Michele.

Protocol Droid of Tribune: Piranha.

Pilot wandering by: Dangerous Dan*.

* = poster on this glorious board (AND yes all I know is the Driods name )

Well the game got off to a great start I had wanted to do a Star Wars game for over a year but it took that long for our group to get a gap. Then after a month of planning my work interfered and I could not make the game. Luckily Piranha step in and ran the start. A great time had by all – I could tell by the laughter on the other end of the phone when I was able to call.

So here there will be posts on what happen thoughts and what not.

150pts and light sabers are 2 d6 killing double penetrating.

And now cue fanfare: curtain.

Re: Star Wars:the Gathering Storm Breaks

STAR WARS

EPOSIDE I.I

THE GATHERING STORM BREAKS

It is a dark time for the Galactic Republic, as the separatists movement gains momentum. The Senate is locked in debate and corruption flourishes. The Jedi have been dispatched to the far reaches of the Galaxy to act as the traditional peacemakers.

Recently the Jedi have broken the Trade Federation’s blockade on Naboo. The victory seems fleeting as more conflicts are arising between the powers of the Republic. As the clouds of Civil War loom the Jedi council calls a general meeting

here is some group e mails

form Lord Ghee to group

Subject: Game

>Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2006 15:40:15 -0600

>

>OK who was at the game? Did Chris play, I heard that Robert Played. So I

>very gratful to blackjack for helping him with a charater. The same goes to

>El Tripon for the help that he gave to Sabrina.

>what happen!!!!

>thanks Piranha for filling in and getting the game off to a start.

>I will be able to game master Friday.

>It seems the evil I have been doing to my Bosses vodoo doll is having an

>effect.

from Sabrina

What happened was a big "lets pic on the padhwan's" well you know what I

say, I say robert and I get a big box of toilet paper and tag Piranha

house!!!!! PADWAN POWER!!!!! *high five to Robert*

Lord Ghee - what You all are unhappy?

sabrina reply

no no not unhappiness. just padjuan power toilet papering manny's house.

Basically we were headed to Yoda's shack when a garbage truck ran in front

of us and crashed into a building. welp the fire broke out and so it was

octpus jedi (aka Blackjack) and his padjuans to the rescue or so we thought.

(El Tripon was late so I was on loan to jeff as the spare padjuan) it was about

that time we realized our wookie was cooked cause the fire equiptment

started attacking us and it knocked Robert off the 200 mile tall building.

For a moment we all thought Robert could fly but fortunatley dan realized he

was only falling with style so he used the ship to play catch the rookie

(and he got a big fat ticket for that I might add) in the mean time I was

busy impressing squid man and the fire hoses with my ability to duck and

move for about a full phase when we finally got knocked out from the water.

you could say we got hosed.

when we woke up we found ourselfs in the dump and me missing my light

sabre. so Blackjack and I headed over to yoda's and caught up with everyone

where we discovered that the whole thing was faked so that they could kidnap

a senator. so me and a blasted r2 unit spent the evening making a new sabre

while everyone else got to go see the yummy lucious dude (aka senators son)

and found the clues as to who did it..... and we left off with yoda wanting

to delay us with a meeting and the Yummy senators son splitting from the

party and taking off early so that he could persue the daddynappers. and

that is why Piranha (as GM) is a goat raper and his house must be tp'ed

Lord Ghee -Oh so it was a good time.

From the "yummy licious dude's" (thanks, Sabrina) viewpoint:

(GM note :Report from Tribune)

I was in my suite acclimating to Corruscant's (sp?) inexorable gravity well when I noticed a large robot controlled vehicle of some sort careening through traffic toward my building. It slammed into the side of the tower, shattering windows and starting a large fire on the exterior of the building. Grabbing my laser pistol I headed for the door with my (almost) trusty protocal robot and found the blast doors closed, effectively locking me in the room. The air in the apartment was rapidly venting out into the atmosphere, dangerously low on oxygen at this altitude, so I activated my personal life support module and tried overriding the computer lock on the blast doors. I discovered that the security settings had been tampered with to show my apartment as vacant, adding to my suspicion that this had been no accident. A robot fire vehicle approached and a couple of rescue droids flew in the window. The rescue droids proceeded to grab the two of us and carry us out the broken window. I was concerned but the situation within the apartment was degrading rapidly so I decided going with them was the better strategy. Just as I was carried out the window, a small transport flew in and depositied four persons I soon learned were of the Jedi Order. Upon their arrival they were attacked by the robot fire vehicle, a woman being deliberately struck with a jet of water that sent her flying out the window. A mysterious force, or I should say Force, halted her descent and she managed to regain the window. My view of what was happening within the room was obscured by the bulk of the fire vehicle, but it was clear that is was engaged in some sort of battle with the Jedi, a second of whom was eventually swept out the window to fall out of my sight. The small craft that they had arrived in first tried to disable the fire droid by landing on it, then followed the falling Jedi. I later learned that he successfully caught up with the man. I fired a few shots at the fire droid but was not able to breach its defenses. I ordered the rescue droid to remain in the area and it refused the command. I used a Council security override code and it still refused my command, confirming my belief that this "accident" was to cover an attack against Council members and their families. Eventually I was carried out of sight of the conflict.

My protocol robot and I were carried to a building where robots are maintained and repaired. When we reached a safe place to land I destroyed the rescue bots that had kidnapped us and proceeded on my own into the building. I found a room with (four?) men who appeared to be relaxing and asked them who they were. They at first mistook me for Senator Treyor, then told me that the Senator had been kidnapped as well. I asked to what end had these kidnappings been effected, and they responded that they wished to influence the Senator in his trade negotiations with the mining colonies. While the assertion seemed absurd on its face, I was hardly in a position to disagree. After learning that I was not Senator Treyor -- they did not inquire further into my actual identity-- I was allowed to leave. I took a cab back to the residence and attempted to visit the Senator's apartments. When I could not gain access, I alerted security that the Senator might be in danger. The security robots would not investigate, so I tracked down the security chief and, after considerable assistance, convinced him to make a physical check. Although cameras and other electronic surveillance showed the Senator present, it was a robot in his stead.

At this point I could do little other than comandeer a suite and investigate through the infocore. I spent several hours backtracking the identities of the men who'd accomplished this coup. They had gained access to building security by posing as maintenance workers. They had not been too concerned about concealing their identities as I was able to pull up security footage of their entry into the building and match it to my recollection of the men I saw at the repair facility. At that time I was visited by (Jeff's, Loren's and Robert's characters) and the pilot who had been on the scene of the fire. They'd been told of the Senator's disappearance and sent to investigate. I led them to the factory where we spent an interminable time wandering the halls and learned very little. The men were all recent hires, had all been hired about the same time, and none could be accounted for. Further investigation revealed that they had taken a fast transport bound for the mining colonies. I made arrangements for the use of a faster transport, which could not be secured until the morning. I bid the Jedi good night.

In the morning I had a message from (Blackjacks character) that they had been detained for at least another day by business of the Jedi Council. I secured a second fast transport for their use and left them a message saying that I would meet them at the mining colonies. I departed immediately with my protocol droid and the cadre of guards assigned me by the Council.

Michele Ellington

visit my web page to see my art and other interests

http://fantasyworks.roxr.com/

Get post Michele thanks :hail:

Hello everyone,

Friday we played. Unfortunately most of the Players showed up late and so we only got to play a half session.

Piranha as GM had to remind the Jedi that they where on Coruscant for the great council. So the Jedi had to stay a couple of days so Tribune left in immediate pursuit.

Chapter two title: Pirates of the space Mines.

The opening scene : in the Jedi temple’s great hall.

The Padawans Sabrina and Gerald (Roberts character) are walking to meet their masters as the great meeting has broken up.

Yoda glides up and address the Padawans. Praises the rescues and questions about Sabrina’s light saber lost. After the exchange Yoda gives Sabrina a test of skill to determine if she is able to go on missions.

Yoda: In danger you are (to Sabrina)

Yoda: Run you must (to Gerald)

Robert to GM: run I do

Sabrina is then attacked by 6 Jedi training spheres.

(GM note: Robert and Sabrina are new to Hero and I felt that it would be a good thing to get them and others get use to my style and their Jedi before their lives are on the line.)

Sabrina pulls her blaster after her Light sabre fails (it worked just a minute ago really!) to activate. (yep she had one {yoda’s quote to El Tripon- young she is: dumb she’s not) GM surprised.) fights the spheres a bit then decides to run (to change the environment ect.) ends up finding Blackjack and Robert. Who together defeat the spheres.

Quote : Sabrina to the clean up Droids “ Bill Yoda it was his training Session.”

The Jedi Knight Blackjack and Padawans, Sabrina and Gerald, prompted by Sabrina inquire on Jedi stuff and outfit themselves with –breathers, skin armour, enviro cloaks and more.

Master El Tripon joins them and the four leave to rescue the Senator.

With Dangerous Dan as their pilot who uses his hyper space navigation and hyper space speed enhancer (lets mess with the plot, dratted mega skill {to cool}) to arrive in system almost on top of the Pirates who just intercepted the Tribune’s ship. Being Jedi their plan is one of getting captured with the bonus of the fact that Blackjack and Gerald disguise themselves figuring that the pirates would not expect a second Jedi pair.

Into the pirate ship (a gaint converted mining ship) they go and are off loaded to the brig with Jedi Master El Tripon and Padawan Sabrina taken to the tractor beam warehouse where they are imprisoned floating in the air.

Splash page everyone in their proper prison.

Everyone had a good time.

Next run Friday the June the 30th.

Will be posting the Fire Driod and the Padawans.

May the Force be with you .

Lord Ghee.

• 2 weeks later...

Here is the Fire Driod (large and raw)

Name: Fire Engine Droid

Player:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Val Char Base Cost

10/50 STR 10 0

10 DEX 10 0

10 CON 10 0

10/18 BODY 10 0

10 INT 10 0

10 EGO 10 0

10 PRE 10 0

10 COM 10 0

7 PD 2 0

12 ED 2 0

12 SPD 2.0 100

10 REC 4 12

20 END 20 0

20/28 STUN 20 0

6" RUN 6" 0

2" SWIM 2" 0

2" LEAP 2" 0

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

STR Roll: 11- / 19- Run: 6"

DEX Roll: 11- Swim: 2"

CON Roll: 11- Leap: 2"

INT Roll: 11-

EGO Roll: 11-

Perception Roll: 11-

Disadvantages Pts

Dependence: power, Very Common, Takes 1d6 Damage, 1 Week 0

Distinctive Features: Fire Droid, Not Concealable, Noticed and Recognizable, Detectable By Commonly-Used Senses 15

Physical Limitation: fire truck size, Frequently, Greatly Impairing 15

Psychological Limitation: fire fighter - over ride capture senator and staff - clue, Very Common, Strong 20

Social Limitation: gaint droid , Very Frequently (14-), Major 20

Psychological Limitation: defend self (not normal this strong hidden program -clue), Very Common, Strong 20

XP

0 Base Points : 200

Disads Total + 90

Experience Spent + 358

Total Cost = 648

Pts. Skill/Perk/Talent/Power END

14 Flight 2" (Improved Noncombat Movement (x8)) 1

23 Armor (5 PD / 10 ED) (added to Primary Value)

30 Physical Damage Reduction, Resistant, 50%

30 Energy Damage Reduction, Resistant, 50%

4 GRAB ARMs and Hoses: Extra Limbs (5 Active Points); Limited Manipulation (-1/4)

55 water effect on fire: Change Environment 32" radius (-2 of any one mode of Movement, -4 PER Roll: Normal Hearing, -5 PER Roll: Sight Group, -5 to Characteristic Roll or Skill Roll, 2 Temperature Level Adjustment, Long-Lasting: 20 Minutes) (83 Active Points); Explosion (-1/4), Custom Modifier (-1/4) [Notes: Only where water hit - minus to perception is where the water hit the fire.] 8

32 Infrared Perception (Discriminatory, Increased Arc of Perception: 360-Degree, Sense, Targeting Sense, Tracking)

32 Radar (Discriminatory, Increased Arc of Perception: 360-Degree, Range, Sense)

24 High Range Radio Perception (Discriminatory, Range, Sense)

80 Growth (+40 STR, +8 BODY, +8 STUN, -8" KB, -4 DCV, +4 PER Rolls to perceive character, 11 m tall, 5 m wide, 2" reach), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), Persistent (+1/2) (80 Active Points) (added to Secondary Value)

66 grab arms: Stretching 10" (Improved Noncombat Stretching (x4)), Area Of Effect (One Hex; +1/2) (82 Active Points); Limited Body Parts (-1/4) 8

20 Robot: Life Support (Eating: Character only has to eat once per week, Longevity: 200 Years, Safe in High Pressure, Safe in High Radiation, Safe in Intense Cold, Safe in Intense Heat, Self-Contained Breathing, Sleeping: Character only has to sleep 8 hours per week)

27 waqter spray: Telekinesis (25 STR), Explosion (Normal (Radius) -1 DC/1"; +1/2), Nonselective Target (-1/4), Line Of Sight (+1/2), Does BODY (+1) (103 Active Points); OAF (-1), 1 Continuing Fuel Charges lasting 5 Minutes each (-1/2), Affects Whole Object (-1/4), Beam (-1/4), Reduced By Range (-1/4), Visible (-1/4), Reduced Penetration (-1/4)

27 waqter spray: Telekinesis (25 STR), Explosion (Normal (Radius) -1 DC/1"; +1/2), Nonselective Target (-1/4), Line Of Sight (+1/2), Does BODY (+1) (103 Active Points); OAF (-1), 1 Continuing Fuel Charges lasting 5 Minutes each (-1/2), Affects Whole Object (-1/4), Beam (-1/4), Reduced By Range (-1/4), Visible (-1/4), Reduced Penetration (-1/4)

3 PS - fire fighter (INT-based) 11-

2 AK: senatoral area 11-

2 KS: buildings 11-

3 Systems Operation 11-

2 Navigation (Air) 11-

3 CuK: senator, family and staff (INT-based) 11-

3 Ambidexterity (Reduce Off Hand Penalty to -2)

518 : Powers Cost

18 + Skills Cost

112 + Characteristics Cost

648 = Total Cost Base OCV: 3 Base DCV: 3

Adjustment+ Adjustment+

Final OCV: Final DCV:

Levels:

Combat Maneuvers

Name Phase OCV DCV Effect

Block 1/2 +0 +0 Block, Abort

Brace 0 +2 1/2 +2 vs. Range Mod.

Disarm 1/2 -2 +0 Can disarm

Dodge 1/2 --- +3 Abort, vs. all attacks

Grab 1/2 -1 -2 Grab two limbs

Grab By 1/2 -3 -4 Move and Grab

Haymaker 1/2* +0 -5 +4DC to attack

Move By 1/2 -2 -2 STR/2 + v/5

Move Through 1/2 -v/5 -3 STR + v/3

Set 1 +1 +0 Ranged attacks only

Strike 1/2 +0 +0 STR or weapon

Range 0-4 5-8 9-16 17-32 33-64 65-128

RMod 0 -2 -4 -6 -8 -10

DEX: 10 SPD: 12 ECV: 3

Phases: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12

7 PD (5 rPD) 12 ED (10 rED) MD: 0

END: 20 STUN: 20/28 BODY: 10/18

Roll Location STUNx NSTUN BODYx To Hit

3-5 Head x5 x2 x2 -8

6 Hands x1 x1/2 x1/2 -6

7-8 Arms x2 x1/2 x1/2 -5

9 Shoulders x3 x1 x1 -5

10-11 Chest x3 x1 x1 -3

12 Stomach x4 x1.5 x1 -7

13 Vitals x4 x1.5 x2 -8

14 Thighs x2 x1 x1 -4

15-16 Legs x2 x1/2 x1/2 -6

17-18 Feet x1 x1/2 x1/2 -8

Height: 6' 6" Hair: Brown

Weight: 220 lbs Eyes: Brown

Appearance:

Background:

GM to Dangerous Dan:"so you did not post anything on the game.

DD to GM:" what is there to post, I flew up saw the Padawan Sabrina get Hosed off the tower so I pursuied her. Caught her in mid flight and then was stop by two Traffic Droids, which gave me tickets for :desceneding to fast, greatly exceeding the speed limit and most annoining of all picking up an illeagal hicthhiker. And the burn is that the Padawan did not get a ticket for Hitchhiking just stated "Jedi business".

Wow that's . . .(really not hiding smile much) bad.

so you going to get the jedi to pay for the tickets?

DD looking at GM like he is insane;" Have you ever heard of a Jedi paying for anything"

GM: oh, you got a point.

:D I love Piranha (who GM that night)

will post on june 30 run later to night late

thanks

• 3 weeks later...

We have been playing and the minie campain came to a climatic Jedi on Jedi end last friday the 21st of july. sorry about the lack of post. computer trouble ( I thought I had a virus instead a bad key board.). el Tripon is getting a post together and so are the orthers. I am going on a trip and Piranha just got back from one so in about a 10 days more post.

Lord Ghee

• 4 weeks later...

During the game, Padhawn Gerald Got promoted to Jedi because of the last climatic Jedi sence. The reason why sabrina was semi promoted by the people of this little planet. So she is not really a Master yet. I'm the only one with a promotion with the jedi.

• 2 months later...

So Let me go on were Lord Ghee left off on the Minning Ship.

After we get captured, the Tripon and Sabrina go to the tractor beam place, Black Jack and Gerald go to the holding place, and Dan hides in the spaceship with Black Jacks and Geralds equipment.

This is where it gets interesting.

After everyone gets in their places we all wait for the right time to act.

We will go with Sabrina and Tripon first. Tripon puts up a force field and so does Sabrina and they get out of the tractor beams. Tripon then uses an ability to open the door and then gets out and fitghts the bad guys and gets Sabrina out of her cell. Tripon gets amazed by the fact that Sabrina is just trying to find a way out when he opens the door. They just started venturing out when the alarm goes off. THey go there separate ways and go in different directions. At that point when the alarm goes of, Black Jack says its time to get out. Gerald proceeds to push his push force to roll a three to push and gets an additional six to ten dice from his original five. He then rools a rediculous roll to push the door to the wall across from it killing nine bad guys. after that happens black Jack goes out the door and says to the other bad guys to drop your weapons. They surrendered and we got all the hostages and went to the spaceship to leave. We also found within the hostages the Tribune and his personal Robot. Gerald and the robot and the Tribune go into the elevator and go down to the cargo holds to go to the ship., while Black Jack and the other hostages go down another elevator where they get stuck and the door opens.

As all this is going on, Sabrina finds the equipment room and gets her blastor and her and her mastors sabors. tripon then goes and to try and find us. As he fights his way through all the bad guys he finds himself in a long corridor with bad guys were Black Jack and the other hostages are. Together they hurt the bad guys very fast and proceeded to go to the cargo holds.

As this is happening, Gerald, Tribune, and the droide finally get to the cargo holds proceed to the Tribune's ship. As this happens a force field goes up dividing the place and not allowing us to proceed. We then go through a door so we can get there. As we go throught he door we are meet with guys in metal suits. The tribune takes care of them with the blaster that he took. We then went back outside and found a module where the robot miniced the voice of the commandor of the ship and made them try to give up and put down the sheilds. When this happend the ships really captin came on and told them to go with different codes to get into the system it didn't work as that was happening gerald and Tribunr went to the ship and as that was happening we found a golf cart. We rode it and as we were going sabrina saw us and she had just been to the jsid ship and got Black Jacks and Mine light Sabors she then went with us to the ship and we were meet with a computer droid that tried to hurt our robot. The Tribune took care of that when we were about to leave. As we were about to leave a radio call was made to the tribunes ship from the Jedi ship that they had made it all save. Black Jack had got his sabor when sabrina was running to us and saw her mastor and through it to him.

Dan and Gerald Flu the ships and we went out the doors. When that happened we went to a near by planet to get repairs down on both ships.

This is what happened on the minning ship. Next story is on a plant on the edge of the republic.

Hey way to go JediGerald

JediGerald is new to our group and New to Champions.

Miners rest was where the miners that kiddnapped the Senator were from.

What was the Name of that planet, humm note where are my notes?

More now that I got a post.

Thanks Jedi, rep for the post newbie.

Lord Ghee

• 4 weeks later...

Episode one : Goal to get the players involved quickly in the plot and the new players must get to try out the game system.

How to get the players involved? Thus I look to the source material. One of the major themes that run throughout the series is kidnapping. Nothing like a kidnapping to get people involved.

Who to kidnap? This became apparent when Michelle came up with the Tribune character. The Tribune had his dad the senator as a major background of the character.

With the phy lims coming into play it would be a motivator in the game.

I now have how to get the player into the game I need now to come up with the overall plot of the games.

So I started to work on the actual kidnapping and who did it and why.

Lord Ghee

Results of game one,

Complete success, the firefighting druids where a great menace and allow the new players to try out their lightsabres and powers (the new players are the padawans.)

Surprise, The Tribune confers with the Jedi and wants to go to the miners at miners rest in order to buy back the Senator. The Jedi inform the tribune that the pursuit will have to wait until after the meeting, which is why so many Jedi are on planet, I think that this miffed the Tribune, but I am not sure of this.

The Tribune with the authority of the senator got the fastest republic ship (think Leia ship in IV) and offers the authority to the Jedi for the second fastest who decline as they are Jedi and have all the authority they need.

The party splits. (Gm sweats but is a cleaver one who trusts the dice.)

The Tribune is off to the sector capital at crater city.

Now I know the Miners have kidnapped the Senator so in this genre it follows as

· The miners are clearly wronged driven to desperation.

· The commerce guild must be involved. (They wish to control all mining)

· The banking guild must be involved (you have to move the money)

· So what on such a grand scale is being sold, and why?

This lead to the thought train: The Senator is in charge of infrastructure, what would miners want? What problem would the senator need to solve?

Then one of the players and I had lunch and we discussed Dune and the spice must flow.

Flow . . . ok if you have 1,000,000,000,000 trillion people on Coursacant and no environment (The planet is all city) to bio degrade the waste they produce and you are in charge of infrastructure then your biggest problem is bio waste.

So along come some miners willing to pay for the waste. You ship it off and from the contract you can siphon off say one tenth f a cent a day per person.

That is a billion dollars (credits) a day that is wealth baby.

We got a plot. Now who is the movers and what do the miners want with all that poo.

Note: the canon I am using comes from the Wikipedia

Hope this thread is not boring you all,

coming next thoughts on the pirate life.

Lord Ghee