Invisible Transform revisited

Soleil Noir

Question

A while back I posed the question about whether one could pay the "double" cost for Invisible Power Effects on Transform so that the character could keep racking up BODY against the target, and the target wouldn't be aware of anything going on until he suddenly turned into something else. You said that this wouldn't work; that the target would still be aware that someone was trying to Transform him.

However, in the FAQ section under Cumulative, you say that the "double cost" IPE WOULD allow someone to keep building up effect dice in Mind Control, with the target being completely unaware until the attacking character "maxed out" his Mind Control effect.

To my mind, these two powers seem to be doing very similar things -- the Mind Control is building up an effect to make someone DO something, and the Transform is accumulating points to make someone BE something. So what's the difference that makes IPE work as desired for one, but not the other? By my way of thinking, it would seem like Mind Control would be the one LESS able to be built up without the target knowing, particularly since (presumably) the attacker would have to give his verbal or telepathic command to the Mind Control victim when he makes his initial attack.....

1 answer to this question