Speed Zone, 0 Phase, Abort

Legendsmiths

Question

1. If I can enter the speed zone as a 0 phase action, I have it at the basic level (so I end up with just 2 actions) and I abort to a defensive action, I assume I use my first Speed Zone action to do so (e.g. Dodge or Dive for Cover for example). I can then follow up with a second (say to move completely away).

Is this correct?

2. The END cost for Speed Zone is paid every time you enter it, and then you pay normal END for everything you do inside the Speed Zone, correct? Or do you pay END for Speed Zone EDM each phase that you are in it?

3. If you buy Speed Zone with charges, do they have to be continuing charges to cover the period you are in the Zone or are instant charges sufficient since no time is passing?

4. Since I have it as 0 Phase to enter the Zone, can I just abort to moving within the zone instead of a standard defensive action with the point of view that movement inside the Zone is sufficiently defensive relative to non-Zone attackers?

Thanks.

1 answer to this question

Re: Speed Zone, 0 Phase, Abort

1. I don’t understand what you’re asking, could you please rephrase or explain more fully in a follow-up?

2. See USP 257-58.

3. Characters cannot buy the Speed Zone with Charges unless the GM lets them, in which case he can come up with answer to all the problems that may arise. ;)

4. See USP 259, top right.