Psychokinesis

Sunday_Gamer

Question

Hey Steve,

Having s bit of a "difference of opinion" with my GM (ya I know I'm gunna loose)

I have a psionic and my power pool is exactly that, psionic ability. I bought the usual smatering of stuff including Psychokinesis.

Obviously, since I wanted it to be purely mental, I bought it with BOECV. Being a +1 advantage, it doubles the cost of the power.

My enemy psionics sometimes have TK as well but the GM doesn't think he needs to get them BOECV.

How exactly does it work?

I imagine they'll use dex and ocv/dcv to hit while I will use ecv (inanimate object being ecv 0)

Likewise I will have no range penalties and my range is line of sight.

Their range is AP X 5 and range penalties apply.

What are the effects of trying to pick up someone with a mind shield using psychokinesis?

I suppose the real question here is what other differences/advantages would the BOECV version of TK have over the non, in terms of hos it is resisted and what constitutes a defense?

Thanks in advance,

Sunday

1 answer to this question

Re: Psychokinesis

The rules for BOECV Telekinesis are on 5ER 231. I'll leave it up to you and your GM, respectively, to decide what the benefits of that approach (versus ordinary TK) are and whether they're worth the cost. After all, what works well in one campaign may not go over so great in another. ;)

I'm unclear what you mean by "mind shield," since there's no such Power in the game. Assuming you mean Mental Defense, it's unlikely to have any effect on Psychokinesis, which is typically defined as working against PD.