ambidexterity plus.

薔薇語

Question

Hello Steve,

1.) Recently I was trying to design a Vehicle that was suppose to be a skin tight body suit. My question is this: IF the Powered armor/vehicle has weapons on both arms and the ability to use both of them; Does the operator inside the powered armor/vehicle need Ambidexterity to utilize both weapons at the same time?

I was thinking that by game mechanics the answer is no. Because a star ship being controlled by a normal character wouldn't suffer any minuses for using all it weapons, so why should another Special F/X of the same base perk suffer them.

2.) My Second Question was about a vehicle's defenses. If that same powered armor also has Damage Reduction would the damage that can pass its defenses go against the suits DR first or the pilot's defenses then DR?

For example:

. The suit which has 10defense and 25% DR, and the Pilot with 5pd are hit with a 20d6 EB. The Damage rolled equals 20body and 70stun.

2a.) Would the damage go against the Vehicles DEF(getting reduced to 10body 60stun) then the pilots PD(getting further reduced to 5body 55stun) then by DR getting reduced to a final count of 4 body and 41stun?

2b.) OR, would it go against the Vehicles DEF(getting reduced to 10/60) then DR 25% (getting reduced to 8/45) Then the pilot's personal PD of 5 with a final damage total of 3body and 40 stun?

1 answer to this question

Re: ambidexterity plus.

1. I’d suggest reviewing the rules in TUV for use of vehicular equipment and designing accordingly. There’s even an example powered armor suit-as-vehicle on TUV 83.

2. See TUV 175-76 regarding damage to Vehicle occupants in combat, though of course you and your GM may need to discuss adjustments to those rules to reflect your particular situation. They’re not intended to immunize a powered armor suit-as-vehicle wearer from harm. Given the nature of what you’re doing, it might be easiest to simply consider the Vehicle’s defenses to be the same as personal defenses.