Char: Angelfire

Lord Mhoram

Yeah, I'm dumping my characters on the board. What of it? :)

This is the last of the high end characters I have (other than old retired ones that I likely won't get to for weeks or months). I posted stuff about her when I was building her. So here she is.

Background/History: Angela Tuefal was born in a lab - and alchemical and biogenetic lab. The two men who ran it were brothers, one an accomplished mage, the other a world class biogeneticist.

Previously the mage, Johann, had discovered an ancient ritual that once completed would give him immense magical power. The ritual involved the bonding of an angel and demon (the reading he had of bonding was marriage) leading to their sacrifice. A sacrifice that would happen after the bonding.

He tried it.

What he attempted backfired, and he was almost killed by the wrath of the Angel and the anger of the Demon whom he had used treachery, pacts and such tricks to force into this position.

While recovering from his wounds, he told his brother Eric, who asked about the specifics of the ritual. “It had to involve a demon and an angel, blood, bonded in marriage” after some back and forth they took an alternate reading that there had to be angel and demon blood bonded, and a marriage involved, but not necessarily the marriage of a demon and angel.

So Eric collected the numerous cell samples of the demon and angel left over from the fight, and set out to genetically craft a bonded demon and angel. After only two years he succeeded but only by having a base human DNA to bond the angel and demon strands to, as it gave common ground to the two incompatible samples. The alchemist then did rituals that gave the child access to both realms of her inheritance, both the divine and the profane - something necessary for the ritual.

The child, whom they named Angela Tuefal in a twisted moment of humor, was raised in a huge underground complex completely cut off from the outside world. She was tightly supervised most of her life. The brothers were very careful about what she saw and read - trying to shape her personality, to their ends - so what she was exposed to was not what anyone normal would see as approriate. She had access to books, encyclopedias newspapers (all edited to one extent or another) and has a computer, although very little internet access - she even got some television and movies (again very carefully chosen and edited i.e. editing out good moral codes or behaviours).

As she grew she developed her own moral code, and after a few discussions with Johann and Eric about such topics, she hid what she truly believed from them. and that was when she started to realize just what kind of situation she was in - this was when she was about twelve. Her strength of conviction was supported by her immortal heritage that re-inforced strong beliefs, one way or the other.

When she reached seventeen, the next stage of the plan went into effect. The brothers introduced her to a number of attractive young people, and left them alone and let nature take it’s course. After a week or two, each of the young men and women were then sacrificed - of course Angela was informed that they had left to go back to their life on the outside.

While this was going on, Angela was getting out more both on the internet, and sneaking around and reading journals and notes that the brothers left behind (they weren’t that good with security), and became fully aware both of her situation and their plans for her. She started working on using her powers in a more aggressive manor.

The time for the ritual was at hand. One of the young men was allowed to stay longer to allow a stronger emotional bond to grow.The marriage was set up, and she was mystically bound, and her fiance was sacrificed in front of her, and then they came to do the same to her. Angela broke free, destroying the complex in one huge conflagration of hellfire. She flew out of the ruins of the complex (which was in Germany), and began her life in the real world.

Personality/Motivation: Angela is in many ways an innocent, not having experienced much. She is exploring her nature, humanity and the world at large. Strangely enough with her upbringing she has strong code of ethics & follows them... but she isn’t perfect. She has a tendency to loose control, and get anger when seeing innocents abused, and sometimes when angry, she just loses it as well.

Once outside, she found she loved music, and had real talent for it, and spent the first few years out, learning how to play guitar, keyboards and took vocal lessons. Her greatest talent is her voice, and she has formed a band that became an huge sensation ove three years.

Quote: "Okay, hit the beat, make it fast, lay down that bassline, and lets give the crowd a performance they won't forget"

Powers/Tactics: Angela is genetically the child of both a Demon and an Angel. She is superhuman in almost all physical and mental capacities. She has a vast array of abilities, drawn from her dual nature that she is only now learning to draw upon. She also has strong defenses, both in the physical realm and in the spiritual. Due to her immortal parentage she has many little talents. knowing when and where she is at all times, can speak any language to anyone, is completely ambidextrous, and resistant to mental and supernatural attacks. Her mind is very difficult to control or even read.

Appearance: She is a voluptuous and stunning young woman. The genetic heritage on her demonic side is a succubus and that shows. She has white feathery angel wings, small horns and fangs as visual cues to her ancestry. Her hair is strawberry blond to red, and her eyes are deep blue - sometimes flashing energy. Her costume changes on a daily or weekly basis, but is usually in red tones. She also tends to have a flaming halo floating over her head when she is actively using her powers.

Campaign Use

She is the archtypical reluctant hero. While she never hesitates to do something she thinks is right, up to and including squaring off against biggies like Takofones or Dr D, she doesn't actively persue superheroics. She prefers to be a rock goddess.

Her unusual origins could lead characters to her for investigation, or for help in dealing with supernatural problems. Or the reverse, Angela could finally decide she needs to know more about her background and want's the PCs help in going to Heaven and Hell.

Re: Char: Angelfire

[b]Angelfire - Angela Teufal[/b]

[b][u]VAL[/u]   [u]CHA[/u]   [u]Cost[/u]   [u]Total[/u]   [u]Roll[/u]      [u]Notes[/u][/b]
30    STR     20   30      15-       HTH Damage 6d6  END [3]
29    DEX     57   29      15-       OCV 10 DCV 10
28    CON     36   28      15-
23    BODY    26   23      14-
23    INT     13   23      14-       PER Roll 17-
23    EGO     26   23      14-       ECV: 8
25    PRE     15   25      14-       PRE Attack: 5d6
24    COM     7   24      14-
30    PD      14   30             30 PD (17 rPD)
30    ED      14   30             30 ED (17 rED)
7    SPD     31   7                 Phases:  2, 4, 6, 7, 9, 11, 12
15    REC     6   15
60    END     2   60
55    STUN    3   55
8    RUN      4   8"                END [2]
3    SWIM     1   3"                END [1]
8    LEAP     2   8"                8" forward, 4" upward

[b]CHA Cost: 277[/b]

[b][u]Cost[/u]   [u]POWERS[/u][/b]
15     [b][i]Immortal Powers[/i][/b]: Elemental Control, 30-point powers - END=
22     1)  [b][i]Angel Wings[/i][/b]: Flight 12", No Turn Mode (+1/4), combat acceleration/deceleration (+1/4), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2); Restrainable (-1/2) - END=0
15     2)  [b][i]Angelic Glow[/i][/b]: FF (10 PD/10 ED), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) - END=0
10     3)  [b][i]Angelic Aura[/i][/b]: Change Environments (Holy Ground, Light, otther such things) 8" radius, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2); No Range (-1/2) - END=0
10     4)  [b][i]Immortal Toughness[/i][/b]: Energy Damage Reduction, Resistant, 50%; STUN Only (-1/2) - END=0
10     5)  [b][i]Immortal Toughness[/i][/b]: Physical Damage Reduction, Resistant, 50%; STUN  Only (-1/2) - END=0
9     6)  [b][i]Immortal Health[/i][/b]: Healing Body, Stun, End 1d6, Can Heal Limbs, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), Persistent (+1/2), Body, Stun, End (+3/4); Extra Time (1 Turn (Post-Segment 12), -1 1/4), Self Only (-1/2) [Notes: Heals 1 body, 3 stun and 6 end per turn.] - END=0
25     7)  [b][i]Immortal Body[/i][/b]: Life Support  (Eating Character does not eat; Immunity All terrestrial diseases, poisons, chemical warfare agents and biowarfare agents; Longevity: Immortal; Safe in High Pressure; Safe in High Radiation; Safe in Intense Cold; Safe in Intense Heat; Safe in Low Pressure/Vacuum; Self-Contained Breathing; Sleeping Character does not sleep) - END=0
22     8)  [b][i]Mystic Awareness[/i][/b]: Spatial Awareness (no Sense Group), Discriminatory, Increased Arc Of Perception (360 Degrees), Range - END=0
7     9)  [b][i]Immortal Mind[/i][/b]: Mental Damage Reduction, Resistant, 50%; Not Vs Damage (-1) - END=0
13     10) [b][i]Hellfire Aura[/i][/b]: HKA 1d6, Reduced Endurance (1/2 END; +1/4), Damage Shield (+1/2), Penetrating (+1/2); No STR Bonus (-1/2) - END=1
      - END=
119     [b][i]Immortal Powers[/i][/b]: Variable Power Pool, 75 base + 44 control cost, Cosmic (+2); Can not use more than active points in pool at any one time (-1), Limited Special Effect Common SFX (Demonic / Angelic attack (and healing) powers; -1/2) - END=
      - END=
6     [b][i]Wings[/i][/b]: Extra Limb (1), Inherent (+1/4) - END=0
      - END=
Mystical Senses - END=
5     [b][i]Sight of the Spheres[/i][/b]: Detect plane of origin / position in spritual heirachy 17- (Sight Group) - END=0
5     [b][i]Immortal Sight[/i][/b]: Nightvision - END=0
9     [b][i]Immortal Awareness[/i][/b]: +3 PER with all Sense Groups - END=0
      - END=
 Other aspects of her dual nature - END=
12     [b][i]Immortal Toughness[/i][/b]: Damage Resistance (7 PD/7 ED/5 Mental Def./5 Power Def.) - END=0
5     [b][i]Immortal Mind[/i][/b]: Mental Defense (10 points total) - END=0
15     [b][i]Spiritiual Defence[/i][/b]: Power Defense (15 points) - END=0

[b]POWERS Cost: 334[/b]

[b][u]Cost[/u]   [u]SKILLS[/u][/b]
3      Acrobatics (Flight Only) 15-

8      +1 with All Combat
4      Penalty Skill Levels:  +2 vs. Range Modifier with Immortal Powers Pool
10      Defense Maneuver I-IV 
5      +1 with DCV

3      Deduction 14-
1      Security Systems 8-
2      KS: Internet 14-

3      Seduction 14-
3      KS: Courtesan 15-
2      PS: Courtesan 15-

2      KS: Music 14-
2      PS: Performance 14-
2      PS: Singer 14-
1      PS: Guitarist 11-
1      PS: Keyboardist 11-
3      +1 Music Skills

3      Conversation 14-
3      Persuasion 14-
3      Oratory 14-

[b]SKILLS Cost: 64[/b]

[b][u]Cost[/u]   [u]PERKS[/u][/b]
1      Reproductive control
4      Money:  Well Off
5      Media Darling

[b]PERKS Cost: 10[/b]

[b][u]Cost[/u]   [u]TALENTS[/u][/b]
9      Ambidexterity (no Off Hand penalty)
3      Absolute Range Sense
3      Absolute Time Sense
3      Bump Of Direction
3      Scholar
3      Jack of All Trades
3      Perfect Pitch
3      Total Vocal Range
5      Luck 1d6
5      Eidetic Memory
30      Universal Translator  (no roll, no accent)

[b]TALENTS Cost: 70[/b]
[b][u]Value[/u]  [u]DISADVANTAGES[/u][/b]
10     Physical Limitation:  Odd physiology - has problems with medicine and such (Infrequently, Greatly Impairing)
15     Social Limitation:  Angel Demon (people assuming certain things / odd reactions) (Frequently, Major)
5     Distinctive Features:  Insanely Attractive (Concealable; Noticed and Recognizable; Detectable By Commonly-Used Senses; Not Distinctive In Some Cultures)
10     Distinctive Features:  Angelic Aura of Peace / Demonic Aura of Unease (Concealable; Noticed and Recognizable; Detectable By Commonly-Used Senses)
20     Hunted:  The Brothers "Grimm" 8- (As Pow, NCI, PC has a Public ID or is otherwise very easy to find, Harshly Punish)
20     Hunted:  Black Council 8- (As Pow, NCI, PC has a Public ID or is otherwise very easy to find, Harshly Punish)
20     Hunted:  Argent Anarchy 11- (As Pow, PC has a Public ID or is otherwise very easy to find, Harshly Punish)
15     Hunted:  Trimigestus council 11- (As Pow, NCI, PC has a Public ID or is otherwise very easy to find, Watching)
5     Enraged:  When Pushed to limits/ Really angry (Uncommon), go 8-, recover 14-
5     Enraged:  Abuse of Innoncence (Uncommon), go 8-, recover 14-
15     Psychological Limitation:  Protective of innocnence/cents (Common, Strong)
10     Psychological Limitation:  Reluctance to Kill (Common, Moderate)
10     Psychological Limitation:  Odd reactions due to dual heritage (Common, Moderate)
15     Psychological Limitation:  Code of honor - (Tries to do the right thing) (Common, Strong)
10     Psychological Limitation:  Loyalty / honors debts (Common, Moderate)
10     DNPC:  The Band 8- (Slightly Less Powerful than the PC; Useful Noncombat Position or Skills; Group DNPC: x4 DNPCs)
1     Quirk: Flirty
1     Quirk: Feels Passionate about Music
1     Quirk: 
1     Quirk: 
1     Quirk: 

[b]DISADVANTAGES Points: 200[/b]

Base Pts: 550
Exp Required: 5
Total Exp Available: 5
Exp Unspent: 0
Total Character Cost: 755

And the powers in the pool

[b][u]Cost[/u]   [u]POWERS[/u][/b]
60     [b][i]Angelic Wrath[/i][/b]: RKA 1 1/2d6, Reduced Endurance (1/2 END; +1/4), BOECV (Mental Defense applies; +1), Range Modifiers Apply (-1/4), Does BODY (+1); Uses Dex CV not ECV (-1/4) - END=3
60     [b][i]Blessing of Total Health[/i][/b]: Major Transform 1d6 (Person into perfectly healthy person, Injury), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), Uncontrolled (+1/2), Persistent (+1/2), Partial Transform (+1/2), Continuous (+1) - END=0
75     [b][i]Blessings Of Heaven[/i][/b]: Healing Simplified Healing 2 1/2d6, Area Of Effect (24" Radius; +1 3/4), Selective (+1/4) - END=7
75     [b][i]Blessings[/i][/b]: Minor Transform 7 1/2d6 (standard effect: 22 points) (Corrupt Spirit to Pure Spirit) - END=7
45     [b][i]Breath of Flame[/i][/b]: RKA 2d6, Reduced Endurance (1/2 END; +1/4), Area Of Effect (8" Cone; +1); No Range (-1/2) - END=3
75     [b][i]Breath of Life[/i][/b]: Healing BODY 5d6, Can Heal Limbs, Resurrection - END=7
47     [b][i]Burst of Hellflame[/i][/b]: HA +7d6, Personal Immunity (+1/4), Reduced Endurance (1/2 END; +1/4), Explosion (+1/2); Hand-To-Hand Attack (-1/2) - END=3
75     [b][i]Crippling Pain[/i][/b]: Drain DEX and SPEED 3d6, Delayed Return Rate (points return at the rate of 5 per Minute; +1/4), Reduced Endurance (1/2 END; +1/4), Dex and Speed simultaneously (+1/2), Ranged (+1/2) - END=3
75     [b][i]Curse of Job[/i][/b]: Major Transform 3d6+1 (Target to Target with 5d6 Unluck, normal healing), Partial Transform (+1/2) - END=7
75     [b][i]Demonic Blast   [/i][/b]: EB 15d6 - END=7
75     [b][i]Demonic Blast, Explosive[/i][/b]: EB 10d6, Explosion (+1/2) - END=7
75     [b][i]Demonic Blast, Focused[/i][/b]: EB 10d6, Armor Piercing (+1/2) - END=7
75     [b][i]Demonic Blast, Intangible[/i][/b]: EB 10d6, Affects Desolidified Any form of Desolidification (+1/2) - END=7
75     [b][i]Demonic Blast, Sharp[/i][/b]: EB 10d6, Penetrating (+1/2) - END=7
75     [b][i]Demonsword[/i][/b]: HKA (vs ED) 3d6+1 (5d6+1 w/STR), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) - END=0
75     [b][i]Engulf[/i][/b]: EB 1d6, Reduced Endurance (1/2 END; +1/4), Uncontrolled (+1/2), NND (LS-Heat, Breathing; +1), Continuous (+1) [b]plus[/b] Sight and Touch Groups Flash 4 1/2d6, NND (LS-Heat, Breathing; +1) - END=7
65     [b][i]Flameclaws[/i][/b]: HKA 2d6 (3d6+1 w/STR), Autofire (3 shots; +1/4), Reduced Endurance (1/2 END; +1/2) [b]plus[/b] +4 with HTH Combat; Only for multiple hits on the Autofire (-1/2) - END=2
75     [b][i]Flamestrike[/i][/b]: RKA 2d6, Indirect (Same origin, any direction; From the ground; +1/2), Area Of Effect (5" Radius; +1) - END=7
50     [b][i]Flaming Swords of Heaven[/i][/b]: HKA 1 1/2d6, Hole In The Middle (+1/4), Area Of Effect (2" radius; +3/4), Continuous (+1); No STR Bonus (-1/2) - END=7
75     [b][i]Gaze of Flame[/i][/b]: EB 10d6, LOS (+1/2) - END=7
75     [b][i]Hand of God[/i][/b]: Telekinesis (43 STR), Fine Manipulation - END=7
75     [b][i]Heavenly Blessings of Healing[/i][/b]: Healing BODY 1 1/2d6, Sticky (+1/2), The Sticky carries by one more level out (the person touched by the sticky has sticky too) (+1/2), Uncontrolled (+1/2), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), Continuous (+1), Decreased Re-use Duration (5 Minutes; +1) - END=0
75     [b][i]Heavenly Burst[/i][/b]: Sight and Hearing Groups Flash 9d6, Explosion (+1/2) - END=7
75     [b][i]Heavenly Lightning[/i][/b]: RKA 3d6+1, Indirect (From The Sky; +1/4), Reduced Endurance (1/2 END; +1/4) - END=3
49     [b][i]Heavenly Surge[/i][/b]: Dispel KB Resistance 9d6, Does Knockback (+1/4), Personal Immunity (+1/4), Explosion (+1/2), Double Knockback (+3/4); No Range (-1/2) - END=7
75     [b][i]Hellfire Aura[/i][/b]: RKA 2d6, Reduced Endurance (1/2 END; +1/4), Penetrating (+1/2), Damage Shield (Offensive; +3/4) - END=3
75     [b][i]Hellfire Blast   [/i][/b]: RKA 5d6 - END=7
75     [b][i]Hellfire Blast, Explosion[/i][/b]: RKA 3d6+1, Explosion (+1/2) - END=7
75     [b][i]Hellfire Blast, Focused[/i][/b]: RKA 3d6+1, Armor Piercing (+1/2) - END=7
75     [b][i]Hellfire Blast, Intangible[/i][/b]: RKA 3d6+1, Affects Desolidified Any form of Desolidification (+1/2) - END=7
75     [b][i]Hellfire Blast, Sharp[/i][/b]: RKA 3d6+1, Penetrating (+1/2) - END=7
50     [b][i]Hellfire Strike[/i][/b]: HA +10d6, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2); Hand-To-Hand Attack (-1/2) - END=0
50     [b][i]Holy Smite [/i][/b]: HA +10d6, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2); Hand-To-Hand Attack (-1/2) - END=0
47     [b][i]Holy Smite, Focused[/i][/b]: HA +7d6, Armor Piercing (+1/2), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2); Hand-To-Hand Attack (-1/2) - END=0
47     [b][i]Holy Smite, Intangible[/i][/b]: HA +7d6, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), Affects Desolidified Any form of Desolidification (+1/2); Hand-To-Hand Attack (-1/2) - END=0
47     [b][i]Holy Smite, Sharp[/i][/b]: HA +7d6, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), Penetrating (+1/2); Hand-To-Hand Attack (-1/2) - END=0
47     [b][i]Impact of Heaven[/i][/b]: HA +7d6, Personal Immunity (+1/4), Reduced Endurance (1/2 END; +1/4), Explosion (+1/2); Hand-To-Hand Attack (-1/2) - END=3
71     [b][i]Inferno[/i][/b]: RKA 1d6, Personal Immunity (+1/4), Penetrating (+1/2), Area Of Effect (384" Any Area; +2 3/4), Selective (+1/4) - END=7
50     [b][i]Inflict Agony[/i][/b]: Ego Attack 7 1/2d6; Use CV not ECV to target (-1/2) - END=7
75     [b][i]Judgement of the Blessed[/i][/b]: Drain 1 1/2d6, Ranged (+1/2), Delayed Return Rate (points return at the rate of 5 per 5 Minutes; +1/2), NND (Being an Angel or a Human; +1), all Demoic/Profane powers simultaneously (+2) - END=7
75     [b][i]No escaping the Wrath[/i][/b]: Negative Combat Skill Levels (-6 to opponent's DCV), Uncontrolled (+1/2), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), Ranged (+1/2) - END=0
60     [b][i]Pain of the Damned[/i][/b]: RKA 2d6, Stun Only (+0), 1d6+5 STUN Multiplier (+1 1/2); No Knockback (-1/4) - END=7
75     [b][i]Rend the  Muscles[/i][/b]: Drain STR 5d6, Ranged (+1/2) - END=7
75     [b][i]Rend the Mind[/i][/b]: Drain INT 5d6, Ranged (+1/2) - END=7
75     [b][i]Rend the Psyche[/i][/b]: Drain EGO 5d6, Ranged (+1/2) - END=7
75     [b][i]Rend the Shell[/i][/b]: Drain BODY 5d6, Ranged (+1/2) - END=7
75     [b][i]Rend the Soul[/i][/b]: Drain STUN 5d6, Ranged (+1/2) - END=7
75     [b][i]Rend the Nerves[/i][/b]: Drain DEX 5d6, Ranged (+1/2) - END=7
75     [b][i]Searing Light of Heaven[/i][/b]: Sight Group Flash 15d6 - END=7
40     [b][i]Seduction[/i][/b]: Mind Control 2d6, Uncontrolled (+1/2), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), Continuous (+1), Invisible Power Effects, Hide effects of Power (Fully Invisible; +1), NND (Psych Lims - Loves (anyone) or religious devotion to any celebate kind of relgion; +1), Cumulative (768 points; +2); Mandatory Effect EGO +20 (must achieve Target thinks it's own idea) (-1/2), Gradual Effect (1 Turn (Post-Segment 12); -1/4) - END=0
69     [b][i]Shining Heavenly Chior[/i][/b]: Darkness to Sight and Hearing Groups 5" radius, Reduced Endurance (1/2 END; +1/4) - END=2
75     [b][i]Sleep of Peace[/i][/b]: Drain END 7 1/2d6 - END=7
70     [b][i]Sword Of Wrath[/i][/b]: HKA 2d6+1 (3 1/2d6 w/STR), Armor Piercing (+1/2), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) - END=0
67     [b][i]Touch of Torture[/i][/b]: Drain STUN 3d6, Reduced Endurance (1/2 END; +1/4), Continuous (+1) - END=3
75     [b][i]Touch of the Angel[/i][/b]: Healing Simplified Healing 7 1/2d6 - END=7
75     [b][i]Wall of Hellfire[/i][/b]: RKA 1d6+1, Reduced Endurance (1/2 END; +1/4), Uncontrolled (+1/2), Area Of Effect (6" Any Area; +1), Continuous (+1) - END=3
75     [b][i]Weight of Judgement[/i][/b]: Entangle 7d6, 8 DEF - END=7
30     [b][i]Wrath of Guilt[/i][/b]: Mental Illusions 15d6; Must Achieve +10 and +20 for body and stun EGO +30 or Greater (-3/4), Only to cause physical or emotional pain that the target has caused in others (-3/4) - END=7