Your Character: The Series (Not exactly WWYCD...)

AdamLeisemann

Re: Your Character: The Series (Not exactly WWYCD...)

Weregild: Would most definitely by MA. Mostly concentrating on his obsession with retribution over justice. Lots of blood. Lots of interesting Death by the crime you deserve it for. And unfortunately I'm sure they couldn't get Morgan Freeman to play his Police friend who turns out to be the Allias Rasputin, leader of the corporation that gave him the disease that is slowly killing him has disfigured him and gives him superstrength and speed. They would spend a long time showing how Allias gives him the untouchable cases of criminals and him killing them, turning down a cure for his disease from the woman doctor taking care of him, because he doesn't think he has the strength to stop the bad men without it. Then it would show how Allias had just tricked him into assassinating all the people in his way and then big showdown.

• 2 weeks later...

Penumbra's show would either be animated (quality Japanese or Korean studio, please) or on a cable channel, since the heavy magic levels mean a big FX budget. Owing to the "inappropriate content" that is his life -- since he doesn't live in the ShadowRealm, he needs to stay in shadows a lot to charge up his powers, and only losers hide alone in a basement ;) , he frequents strip clubs and bars -- the rating would be TV-13, maybe TV-15 if his "cousins" get to make more appearances than just "I'm a baddie, stop me". Honestly, Virtue's life would make a much better show (and Pen would really prefer it go that way; his Unluck would just screw him over otherwise) -- lots of Arthurian references (including the descendant of Merlin as a Contact!), plenty of wholesome "Good triumphs over Evil" stuff. Heck, aside from some Christian groups getting ticked that she's Catholic, she'd make a great spokesperson.

Kodachi's life would be an anime... since it already is. I run this character through a blend of Ranma Nibunnoichi, Inuyasha, Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon, and Phantom Junction, just more mature and somewhat twisted. The show would either stick to "reality" and be rather mature -- you can't have the main protagonist creating her own "gang" like the chick in Bride With White Hair (with all the lesbian references cranked to 8/10) without being considered mature -- or they'd tone that down to virtual nonexistance and play up the humor of guys hitting on her (and her brother trying to get her hooked up with a good boyfriend) while she just wants to be with her "girlfriends". "Sure Usagi, Haruka and Michiru are just really good friends. :rolleyes: "

T'Shenk Kennet -- cable TV or movies, due to the controversial content and themes, effects budget, etc. MA / R for certain. Lots of human and demonic violence, sorcery and magic, a bishop who practices demonology who is at least present in any flashbacks to circa 1000 AD, pagans, magicians, and the sort as sympathetic figures, strange supernatural sex from time to time (probably not involving T'Shenk himself), etc, etc, etc, etc. Nothing gory or gratuitous, but it's not a story you could tell by avoiding certain topics or flinching a lot. The cinematography would be shadowy most of the time, with any sunny daytime scenes being bright to the point of being washed out a bit. It would often show the action in silhouette or shadow, and transformations would take place quickly -- I'm a firm believer that a far truer sense of suspense and mystery and horror can be created by what's implied, what's half-shown, and the viewer's imagination. The T'Shenk role would be split: done by a human actor for when he's using The Guise of Man, someone who could sell the rugged and intelligent middle-age father he was when he was wrongly executed and condemned to hell 10 centuries ago by the aforementioned bishop; and CGI when he's in his saurian demonic form.

Saviel (War Angel) -- somewhat similar. While Saviel isn't as dark a character as T'Shenk, I think the subject matter would be even more controversial, especially in the US. She's an angel, but the character owes more to strange Hermetic notions of the ranks of angels, and to Kabbalism, and to the Apocrypha, and to non-Abrahamic concepts, as it does to standard Christian tradition on the subject. I think many people would object to the notion of a female warrior angel exiling herself to earth because the Powers That Be weren't doing enough, and to the fact that -- in an unspoken way -- she's kinda agnostic and ecumenical (#5) in her approach to whatever diety there is. Some of the other characters floating around in my head would be even more controversial...an angel exiled to earth for an act of compassion (making love to a human woman because he couldn't find any other way to save her from herself), one of the Fallen escaped to earth and seeking redemption, etc.

Finding the actress would be hard, as there are very few, it seems, who are smart, athletic, attractive, can pull off combat scenes, and have imposing personalities.

It would be even harder to sell the character in Hollywood -- they'd want to femme her up and sex her up, show lots of skin, whatever, and that's just not the character. Any romantic angle they wanted to play out would have to feature two of the supporting characters. It might be easier to sell that series or movie focusing on one of the other characters, and make Saviel one of the supporting case.

I'll post more of my characters later.

EDIT: Either story could be done in anime, if done well, with none of the sillier anime conventions that I really don't care for (chibi, bizarrely exagerated expressions, snot bubbles, etc)

Deth -- I'm seeing a pattern develop here...although not as controversial, still a bit dark, with shades of X-Files, The Pelican Brief, and the two Ghost in the Shell series because of the combination of strange powers and people who work for the government.

Gunner -- a lighter tone than the first three. Could be done as high-quality American animation somewhat along the lines of The Increadibles, but quite a bit less stylized on the character art. All his attacks are designed to be non-lethal within the assumptions of a comic-book setting. High-tech and power armor make for good action.

And hey, someone else post something. It worries me when I post and then the thread immediately dies.