Scope of Naked Power Advantages

Snarf

Question

I'm having a hard time figuring out naked power advantages with the number of examples I currently have availible. I tried searching the FAQ's but I still don't think I'm getting it. How large a class of powers can these apply to?

In 5'th edition the example of applying autofire to any type of gun is given. Does this mean a naked power advantage can only apply to one type of power or does it just need to have a special effect that's acceptable to the GM?

The reason I ask is that I want to include a device in a Star Hero game that will add megascaling to teleportation and another that will add megascaling to any psi power. I'm trying to figure out if one of these is a limited or enhanced version of the other.

1 answer to this question

There are no hard and fast guidelines; the info in the current Rules FAQ is about as far as I want to go in imposing restrictions. It's a matter of using common sense, dramatic sense, and an appreciation for special effects and game balance. If you think a particular naked Advantage makes sense and won't cause game balance problems, go for it; if it doesn't make sense or could unbalance the game, don't do it. ;)