Question about using Images as Light spell

Lysando

Question

Hello all,

I'm building a spell called "Light Coins" which can be used to enchant gold coins to produce light for a day. The idea being that in a battle in the dark you can chuck them around to produce light, or glue them to your helmet or whatever. This is basically Images, with the limitation Only to Make Light.

My question is, would I still need the +4 (or whatever) to PER roll? Since it isn't really an illusion, and it doesn't matter if people can disbelieve it or not? Also, does giving this No Range make sense?

Thank you all!

Light Coins: Sight Group Images Increased Size (4" radius; +1/2), +/-4 to PER Rolls, Difficult To Dispel (x1 Active Points; +1/4), 4 Continuing Charges lasting 1 Day each (+1) (49 Active Points); OAF Expendable (Easy to obtain new Focus; -1), Only to create light (-1), Increased Endurance Cost (x3 END; -1), Requires An Enchantment Skill Roll (-1/2), Requires Expertise with Enchantment (-1/2), Side Effects (Max END reduced by 10 for 1 day; -1/2), Incantations (-1/4), Gestures (-1/4), Costs Endurance (Only Costs END to Activate; -1/4)

1 answer to this question

Re: Question about using Images as Light spell

A bonus to the PER Roll isn't necessary, but without it you'll only create a dim light that someone might not even see with a PER Roll. The standard +4 bonus ensures that the light cancels out the typical -4 penalty for "dark night," thus making it very easy for anyone to perceive.