Martial Arts Maneuvers, increasing some maneuver's damage and not others...

Remjin

Question

Hello, I'm having a bear of a time with this...

Okay, I'm playing a brick/martial artist in a superheroic game. Now, my difficulty is this... I want to use "joint break," "breaking throw," and "choke hold" to good effect, and the GM is allowing me up to 5 1/2d6 is killing damage for these attacks and 4 1/2 d6 for the choke hold, to allow me to actually disable some limbs on some of the beasts we have to fight and choke out some of them as well. I had bought damage classes to get it that high, but it puts all the rest of my martial maneuvers up over the DC limit. I only really want the extra damage classes on those three maneuvers, how do I go about doing that?

I was going to just buy 3-point combat levels and put them into DCs for only those maneuvers, but for superheroic campaigns it shows 2 combat levels only giving a +1 body or +3 stun to the results but not increasing the maximum... while for heroic campaigns it shows 2 skill levels giving +1 DC.

The whole point is just to be able to disable or knock out opponents rather than kill them... without my throws going into the stratosphere for damage. Oh, and I have a 50 strength to go with that.

1 answer to this question