Regeneration: Usable on others

Sunday_Gamer

Question

Hey Steve,

I'm trying to make regeneration that I can use on others. Meaning the character can "lay on hands" and envelop the target in a shimmering field of white force. This force, allows the subject to regenerate 1pt body/turn as long as the character remains there "laying on hands"

This is terribly confusing.

Regeneration is defined as healing, which means it has a maximum it can heal, this goes against the definition of regeneration which just slowly heals you until you're well again.

So what it is about regeneration that "defies" the cap set by healing? Is it the reduced end and persistence? Is it the regeneration-only extra-time? Is it the self-only nature?

1d6 healing - 10 pts

0 End, Persistent (+1) (20 active )

Extra-Time (Regen) X/turn (-1 1/4)

Self-only (-1/2)

That is how I see it defined in the book. So why would this ability be allowed to heal an 8 body gash to the stomach?

What is it that allows it to break cap?

I assumed the only thing I needed to remove was "self-only" to create the desired effect but the GM pointed out that I would have a cap of 3 body.

Help me Obiwan.

1 answer to this question

Re: Regeneration: Usable on others

I'm not sure I understand the question.

Regeneration works the way it does because that's how the rules define it. It's not an effect that can be applied to others; it's a Self Only ability, as the Limitation indicates. It sounds to me like what you're looking for is a Healing power with lots of dice and the Extra Time and Gradual Effect Limitations, or something along those lines. Or you could persuade the GM to let you jigger something up with the "increased maximum effect" and/or Cumulative rules.