Long-Term END

Hugh Neilson

Question

At lower levels of END usage, the LTE rules provide for loss of one point every 5 minutes or 1 minute. How do the rules apply if a character's END usage is staggered over that period, not consistent.

As an example, assume that Joe Six Pack has a 4 REC. For four minutes, he spends 2 END per turn (half his REC), and in the fifth minute, he slows his pace and spends only one END per turn. Does he lose an LTE at the end of that minute?

I see a few possibilities here:

(a) If he spends half or more of his REC in any turn during the 5 minute period, he loses 1 LTE for that period. [Or if he spends REC or more in any turn in a minute, he loses 1 LTE]

(B) Add up the total END spent in the period and divide it by the number of turns. LTE is determined by that average. [in this case, Joe has REC 4, and there are 5 turns to the minute. If he spends 50+ END over 5 minutes (25 turns x REC x 1/2), he loses 1 LTE in that 5 minutes. If he spends 20+ END in i minute (5 turns), he loses 1 LTE. These both assume he doesn't spend enough in a shorter time period included in the 1 or 5 minute period to lose LTE.

© The character must spend the requisite END in every turn during the period (ie at least half his REC every turn for five minutes, or at least his REC every turn for 1 minute) to suffer LTE loss.

I lean away from (a), but I'm curious what the official rule is. The above assumes the GM has chosen to invoke the LTE rules in what are probably borderline cases, of course.

1 answer to this question

Re: Long-Term END

If a character uses END in varying amounts from Turn to Turn over a period of time, typically Long-Term END loss is calculated using the largest amount of END he spends in any given Turn. For example, if a character has REC 4 and over the course of a minute uses 6, 8, 2, 1, and 4 END in each of the Turns, his (END in Turn/REC) equals 2 (8/4), so he loses 1 LTE per Turn. However, the GM may adjust this as he sees fit; for instance, in some cases the GM may average the amount of END spent per Turn to make the LTE calculation.