LTEvClarification

Hugh Neilson

Question

Must be too early in the AM for me...

If a character uses END in varying amounts from Turn to Turn over a period of time' date=' typically Long-Term END loss is calculated using the largest amount of END he spends in any given Turn. For example, if a character has REC 4 and over the course of a minute uses 6, 8, 2, 1, and 4 END in each of the Turns, his (END in Turn/REC) equals 2 (8/4), so he loses 1 LTE per Turn. However, the GM may adjust this as he sees fit; for instance, in some cases the GM may average the amount of END spent per Turn to make the LTE calculation.[/quote']

Does this mean the character in question has lost 5 LTE at the end of the minute (1 per turn)? Would this standard also apply to the 5 minute rule, such that he loses 25 LTE over 5 minutes because he spent 2x REC in one phase during that period, or would the 5 minute loss be based on the most END spent in a single minute?

I'm confused at where the breakpoint lies, since the example character should have lost 1 LTE for the second turn alone. At what point would we switch to measuring LTE loss per 5 minutes, per 1 minute or per turn?

PS: Your example varies from my question in that I had assumed a situation where the character never spent enough END in a single turn to lose LTE on a per turn basis. Maybe that's the root of my confusion.

1 answer to this question

Re: LTEvClarification

In reviewing your questions, I realized that because they’re so rarely used, the LTE rules haven’t really been thoroughly explored and explained the way they ought to be. So if you don’t mind, I’m going to defer answering in favor of a HEROglyphs column on the subject, where I can delve into the matter thoroughly. Thanx for giving me such a great idea for a column! ;)