An Avengers Campaign, version 3.0

Mark Rand

Re: An Avengers Campaign, version 3.0

The morning after the press conference, the Collingsworths, the Martins and their people left the circus property for Air Force One, which was waiting at the closest airport for them. As they flew back, the Secret Service agents were briefed on the Collingsworth's neighborhood.

"As I understand this, you both live in the same block in College Park, Maryland," stated Special Agent Ben Nelson, who headed the President's detail.

"Correct," the President said.

"Avengers Mansion, Doctor Martin's office, the synagogue you go to, and the supermarket you shop at are all within two blocks of your house," he continued.

"Right," Mrs. Collingsworth said. "Any ideas?"

"We'll make the block right in front of your house local access only," Ben replied. "I'd also like to have the building Doctor Martin's office is in checked out."

"My job," Andrea, who headed Kathryn's detail, said.

"Good point," Ben said. "Doctor Martin, I want an agent to check your office before Andrea and Mrs. Collingsworth get there."

"No problem," Ellen Martin said. "Since my employees have keys, I'll make sure your agents get them and the office uniform scrubs."

"Good," Ben said.

To Be Continued.

Guest Major Tom

Putting Avengers Mansion and NCA's residence in the same general area??

I get the feeling that whatever evil ubervillains exist in your campaign are even

now updating their lists of Targets to Vaporize at the Earliest Available Oppor-

tunity...

Major Tom :fear:

I get the feeling that whatever evil ubervillains exist in your campaign are even

now updating their lists of Targets to Vaporize at the Earliest Available Oppor-

tunity...

Good point. Consider yourself repped asap.

No doubt the Secret Service will figure that out by the time he lands, if they haven't already, and do their best to talk the Avengers into moving, at the government's expense. Failing that, they'll move the Collingsworths and arrange for Kathryn to commute to work.

tunity...

I probably should've had Anubus's ships destroy the Capitol Building Instead, I had to have him turn most, if not all, of Washington, D.C. into rubble. What was I thinking?

Assuming that only the Capitol Building was destroyed, the Collingsworths and Martins would've returned to Washington the night of the destruction and had the meetings at the White House.

Also, both families would live close to the George Washington University Hospital. Ellen Martin's medical office would be close to that, too. He would have also still had the press conference that revealed the existance of Stargate Command to the world.

• 1 month later...

I have a few errors to be corrected and I'll do that here.

The public would not have been informed to the trip to Oklahoma by Secretary Collingsworth and Senator Martin until the Secretary had to be sworn in as President.

Under the guise of training missions, a marine helicoptor and a jet from the SAM (Special Air Mission) fleet were flown to the vicinity of the circus to be on standby.

If only the Capitol Building was destroyed, President Collingsworth wouldbe returned to Washington, D.C. If all of Washington, D.C. was destroyed, Denver would be the nation's new capital.

Guest Major Tom

I probably should've had Anubus's ships destroy the Capitol Building Instead' date=' I had to have him turn most, if not all, of Washington, D.C. into rubble. What was I thinking?[/quote']

Well, that's one way to deal with gridlock...

If nothing else, it gives the Pres in your campaign the same opportunity that

Jack Ryan was afforded in Executive Orders: the chance to not only

rebuild the nation's government, but rebuild it in such a way that it actually

stands a chance of working the way that it's supposed to work, with-

out all of the felgercarb that permeates real-world politics today.

Major Tom :cool: