Help me build T-1000

Gaelinic

I'm not sure if I'm posting this in the right place. However, I'm interested in playing a character similar to the T-1000 from Terminator 2. He's an alien construct sent to infiltrate worlds as a spy. He was built from the hardest substance in the universe, the plasma from a star going supernova. I haven't played Hero in a long time and am relearning 5th edition rules.

My problem is trying to build my interpretation of this character within 350 points. The caps are 12 DC and 30 defenses. I don't like the idea of building a rookie character and building him over time. Why can't I just build the character I want as long as he meets the campaign caps? Anyway, I guess that's a problem I have to address with my GM.

My question to you is how do I build this character at 350 points yet still make him effective in a superhero game within those campagin ranges.

Powers I see him having are 40 STR, at least 20 Defenses, shapeshift to anything at the cellular level, killing attack (double penetrating to reflect the hardest substance in the known universe), very low armor that is double hardened for same effect, regeneration, desol to reflect liquid, life supports that reflect his nonorganic composition, some stretching, and universal translator to be the perfect alien infiltrator. How do I make this all fit within 350 points?

I'm not sure if you can post your creation suggestions on here but that would be the most appreciated.

Thanks for your help.

I'm not sure how closely you want to emulate the T-1000. I'm assuming 'very closely'. I'm also too lazy to write up the whole character...maybe someone else will be more energetic!

Shapeshift: Sight Group (+10), Hearing (+3), Touch (+3), Any Shape (+20), Imitation (+10), No End (+1/2), Persistent (+1/2), Must touch a target to imitate it (-1/4): 74 points

Note: I didn't take Cellular; separated Chunks of the T-1000 are clearly metal, which means that Cellular doesn't apply. OTOH, Imitation clearly does, but he does need to touch (and maybe injure?) them to make it work. Also, I didn't take smell/taste, because I assume that's why dogs can detect Terminators. And Radar would be a dead giveaway! Also, since he can be stunned without losing his shape (I forget which battle stuns him, but it does happen once as I recall)

Regeneration: 2d6 Healing (standard effect: 3 BODY) (20), Ressurrection (+20 pts), Can Heal Limbs (+5 pts) No END (+1/2), Persistent (+1/2), Self Only (-1/2), Extra Time (-1): 36 pts.

He doesn't heal all that fast, but he just won't stop healing! In a supers campaign, I might add some more regeneration for other damage (characteristic drains, etc.)

Liquid Body: Desolidification (40 pts), Cannot pass through solid objects (-1/2), Does not protect against damage (-1): 16 pts

I might add concentration to the desolid; it's obvious it's not easy for him...

Beyond that, I'd buy fairly impressive stats relative to normals(he really isn't that strong/tough; mere mortal weapons can stop him...for a little while), an HKA, Stretching, extra running/leaping, life support, eidetic memory, maybe buy Indirect on STR (to simulate the tarbaby move, Nightvision. I think that covers most of it.

You might consider taking relatively low defenses (he takes damage from police sidearms, either 9mm or .45) but buy Damage Reduction (he sucks up a lot of hits!).

It's worth noting that this character won't be as effective in direct supers battles as most other supers, but he'll be very effective for infiltration and sneaky moves.

You might also consider taking Accidental Change as a Disad; in the extended edition towards the end he has trouble controlling his shapeshifts (this and most of the Sarah Conner Prophetic Dream Sequences were cut from the theater release. Along with the scene that explains her hate for the 2 dweeb guards in the mental hospital).

Anyway, hope that helps.

Great. That really helps. All I was looking for was ways to build the powers to make them cost less while still being effective. Sure, I was hoping for a fully stated character but your help on those few powers have already got me thinking of ways to tack on limitations that make the powers cost less.

I appreciate it.