Recruiting players

Follower

Just wanted to get some input from the vast number of players and GMs out there.

I have a great desire to start a Champions campaign. My problem is finding players. If you were new to an area or even been a long time resident but didn't have a "Champions" base to call upon. How would you attempt to recruit players?

Thank you all for your input.

I found our newest player on these here boards. We went over the campaign and his character by email and I knew he would add to the campaign. I'm running a group comprised of experienced old-schoolers and two "what dice do I roll" newbies.

Post on the Players Wanted board. It'll help build strong bones and teeth.

Originally posted by Follower

I'm very familiar with the HERO System. It's just that I'm not hearing anyone very receptive to playing.

Ive gotten several hits from the Player Finder forum (6 in fact). They havent all panned out (so far about 50% did /50% didnt), but thats still 3 new players to the group.

My advice if you are an experienced HERO GM is to start a d20 game (whichever genre is currently popular in the ole City of Endless Peachtrees), cycle out 'narrowminded' players, keeping the best & brightest that are also interested in trying other systems, and then transition them into HEROs.

Once youve got a regular group showing up, you can take advantage of GM's rule #3: If you'll run it, players will come.

Its a medical fact that once players become addicted to thier weekly gaming fix, they'll keep coming for a couple of weeks as long as you are running a fun game, regardless of the system. Just be sure to run the game as smooth as you can and you'll hook some of them.

Once you have a core group of people that are enjoying the HERO System, you can fill in the gaps with actual HERO's players. ;)