USPD Stop Time question

Yamo

Question

Man, you must get tired of hearing about time stopping all the..uh..time. ;)

Anyway, the descripion for this Power reads, in part: "He himself [the Power's user] remains immune to this effect, and can take whatever actions he wants to."

To take any real action on frozen character, wouldn't the character also require the Transdimensional Advantage for things like STR and Attack Powers? Special effects-wise, it seems like the character really hasn't physically relocated to another dimension at all, so it's not quite, conceptually-speaking, the same as shooting a lightning bolt at a critter on the Elemental Plane of Fire or something. But is that hand-wave strictly legal?

It seems like a literal read of the rules would still require the Advantage, no? For example, would it be possible for a character with this Power to punch someone frozen in the face and have them fall down hurt when time resumed (use his STR), shoot a frozen fleeing car with his Energy Blast and have it explode later (use an Attack Power he's paid points for) or shoot someone with a gun he carries on his person (use an Attack Power he hasn't paid points for) and have them wounded when the effect ends if they don't have Transdimensional?

Before I use this Power in my game, I'm just trying to get a handle on whether it represents a complete effect in itself, or whether its user requires more Powers (or naked Advantages) to make it really work.

Thanks.

1 answer to this question

I think you're thinkin' about this too hard. ;) If you're willing to accept that a character can use XDM to simulate time travel, it seems reasonable to me to assume that the "alternate dimension" is one where the effects work as described, without the need for additional powers.

Of course, if you prefer for the character to have additional powers, there's nothing wrong with that. It might even serve as a balancing function, much like the Affects Physical World Advantage does for Desolidification.