Telport: Summoning Help With Legionaire Style Ring

clsage

An idea came to me (perhaps thanks to the Nyquil I have taken for my current cold :ugly: )

-- The Legion of Superheroes flight rings also (as I

recall) have an emergency beacon function, to allow for summoning other

legionaires when needed. What about a "Summon via Teleport" function,

which brings the rest of the team (or any within range) when triggered ?

My initial thought would be that it would have to be basically written as:

Teleport - IIF; No concious control; Trigger (receipt of remote signal)

Still working out the distance multipliers and such....

Anyone have a cleaner way/other suggestions for building this ?

-Carl-

Re: Telport: Summoning Help With Legionaire Style Ring

You don't need distance multipliers, though - you can buy the 1-point adder that allows you to teleport from anywhere to a single location. A "location" can count as a moveable object, though, to represent each ring.

Thus, take 1" of teleportation, plus the number of rings -1 (as you can't be teleported to your own ring). That will give you the ability to teleport to each ring.

I don't recall if the adder allows you to teleport from a location to your current position, though. If you can't, you may need to build the latter part of the power like you suggest.

You don't need distance multipliers, though - you can buy the 1-point adder that allows you to teleport from anywhere to a single location. A "location" can count as a moveable object, though, to represent each ring.

Thus, take 1" of teleportation, plus the number of rings -1 (as you can't be teleported to your own ring). That will give you the ability to teleport to each ring.

I don't recall if the adder allows you to teleport from a location to your current position, though. If you can't, you may need to build the latter part of the power like you suggest.

My understanding is that fixed/floating locations don't bypass range limitations. They might let you use megascaled teleport even within the "minimum distance", if the GM lets you. I'd build the rings as set limited mindlinks (only to communicate a distress call) plus megascale teleport, only to fixed locations (other rings). That might not be what you're looking for, if you want to be able to summon an unconscious or unwilling teammate, but I think it's the cheapest most reasonable build. Otherwise, you might want to look at Summon with the Specific Being advantage - pretty expensive.

My understanding is that fixed/floating locations don't bypass range limitations. They might let you use megascaled teleport even within the "minimum distance"' date=' if the GM lets you. I'd build the rings as set limited mindlinks (only to communicate a distress call) plus megascale teleport, only to fixed locations (other rings). That might not be what you're looking for, if you want to be able to summon an unconscious or unwilling teammate, but I think it's the cheapest most reasonable build. Otherwise, you might want to look at Summon with the Specific Being advantage - pretty expensive.[/quote']

Oop - you're right - says right there in the FREd description of fix/floating points. My bad.

I've done this two different ways, sometimes both.

Either A)

Teleport x" Lots of Megascale, Approriate Focus, Only To Fixed Locations, Usually 0 END plus a Fixed Location for everyone else in the team with the same Power, plus usually one more for the team base.

Add in a few programs and skills in a Computer that's hooked up to their radio and you can create an emergency escape plan should the hero find himself unconscious too long while the team is looking for him.

Or B)

Buy it in your Base and slap UAA on it. Buy the same Fixed Locations (including one for the Base so it can bring you home) and include a Computer to operate it. Buying it Only To Fixed Locations is optional in case you want to send your heroes anywhere. What is not optional is a method of targeting them. I suggest Detect [Teleport Becean] with N-Ray and lots of Telescopic.