Legends Universe

SleepyDrug

I'm between games right now, so i'm working on a combined Marvel/DC universe. The general idea i've settled on is the legends theme. In other words, since including every character ever to headline a title is impossible, using only the best and the most iconic (two separate criteria). I'd even include characters from other universes if they warrented it.

Note: I haven't followed Civil War, so most of this is pre-Civil War versions

Converting characters is going fairly well right now, but I thought i'd post my basic ideas and see if there is anyone I should have included but passed over. So...open for feedback.

First up...Marvel Characters in the Legends Universe.

The Avengers

Black Knight V (Whitman), Black Panther, Black Widow, Captain America, Falcon, Giant-Man (Pym), Hawkeye, Hercules, Iron Man, Moondragon, Ms. Marvel (Danvers), Captain Marvel II/Pulsar (Rambeau), Quasar, Quicksilver, Scarlet Witch, She-Hulk, Starfox, Sub-Mariner, Thor, Tigra, USAgent, Vision, Wasp, Wonder Man

The Fantastic Four

Human Torch II, Invisible Woman, Mr. Fantastic, Thing

Thunderbolts

Atlas, Blizzard II, Charcoal, Jolt, Mach-IV, Moonstone, Songbird

(note: zemo and fixer are going to be villains)

The Warriors

Firestar, Justice, Namorita, Night Thrasher, Nova, Powerhouse (alex powers), Rage, Speedball, Turbo

The X-Men Family

Angel, Banshee, Beast, Bishop, Colossus, Cyclops, Daytripper (sefton), Dazzler II, Gambit, Havok, Iceman, Nightcrawler, Phoenix III (rachel), Psylocke, Rogue, Sage, Shadowcat, Storm, Sunfire, Wolverine

Blink, Cable, Cannonball, Jubilee, Karma, M, Magik (rasputin), Magma, Mirage II, Siryn, Sunspot, Warpath, Wolfsbane

Marvel Heroes (including the Marvel Knights, Defenders, and Young Avengers)

Ant-Man (lang), Aurora, Black Cat, Captain Britain, Cloak, Dagger, Daredevil, Deathlok III (collins), Dr. Strange, Gargoyle II, Captain Marvel III (genis), Ghost Rider IV (ketch), Kate Bishop/Hawkeye II, Hellcat, Hulk, Iron Fist, Lionheart, Nighthawk, Patriot II (bradley), Power-Man II (cage), Punisher, Silver Surfer, Spider-Man, Spider-Woman (drew), Spider-Woman II (carpenter), Stature (lang), Valkyrie, Yankee Clipper, Yellowjacket II

Note: villains will reflect the heroes on the final list. DC heroes to come later.

Your thoughts? Anyone to add? Anyone to delete?

Re: Legends Universe

Is this list just covering the currently active heroes in the universe? Are you going to have the current crop be the first set of heroes in the world, or is there a history of superheroes in your universe?

Shaft had an interesting timeline that melded historical DC and Marvel heroes together. It can be found at http://www.herogames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=51555/

And then there is Odd Hat's extended Wold Newton universe timeline (at http://bobtokyo.robertdorf.com/Timeline%20II.htm ) that includes (almost) every fictional character ever created. Of course, it takes some liberties with the origins of and interactions between several superheroes in order to tie them into the larger world, but it is still a very interesting read.

Re: Legends Universe

The list is meant to become a listing of active heroes, and important reserves/inactives. For example, Hank Pym will be inactive but he is active in the background.

It is also to help clairify the list of who exists and who doesn't. Some characters, such as many newer Marvel/DC characters, won't exist at all and some characters will be dead or retired. Jean Grey is dead in this universe. She died returning for Stephen Lang's satellite base. Rachel Summers is the Phoenix.

I do have a rough time sketched out. But those other timelines may have good ideas. Thanks.

My main goal right now is to generate a list of heroes and villains that are active or important right now.