Autofire linked to Autofire?

SteveZilla

Question

Steve, if I link a lesser power with Autofire to a greater power also with Autofire, what rules govern how many shots each power does when used? I know that with regular Linked, the character doesn't have to use the lesser power at all -- I'm concerned for when both powers are used.

1. The lesser power must use the exact same number of shots as the greater power.

2. There is no restriction -- each can vary independently from 1 to it's maximum number of shots.

3. The lesser power can use less shots than the greater power, and cannot use *more* shots than the greater power.

4. If the shots are spread among a number of targets using the rules on 5ER p376, how would varying # of shots (3 shots of 'A', 2 shots of 'B' -- if allowed) for each power come into play?

I did see that as an optional rule/GM permission, a greater power could also be linked to the lesser power (they'd be linked to each other 'both ways' then). If this is used, does that change any of the answers to the above 4 'questions'?

Thanks!

1 answer to this question